LANGAURD SALE

flounder

Re: LANGAURD SALE

Post by flounder »

bloody hell, what a choker! That what happens when you work your 'arris off 10 days a week, when you get to go out and have a spend up, you miss the chit chat about whats going on :(
Have to save my pocket money up for the next one, I'll check back here every day for the heads up I promise!!
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

I heard talk of a possible sale in July but we need either Ash or Jonny to put it on here as they only advertise by way of a roadside board.
ash101uk

Post by ash101uk »

I popped back in today to see if I could get a smaller Dicksonia antarctica. But no luck.

They did however say there will be another sale towards the end of June. The weekend of the 18th is pencilled but is not definate If I find out more I will let you know.
ash101uk

Post by ash101uk »

The next Landgard sale is this Sunday, 19th June. 10-4.
flounder

Post by flounder »

for f@~# sake, don't they know I'm working!!!!!
I'll get there one day icon_study
ash101uk

Post by ash101uk »

I wasn't planning on going but was at my Nan's which is about 10 minutes away from Languard. Wasn't planning on buying anything, but I needed some smaller ferns to go with my larger ones brought last time. They have just under a foot of trunk, £5 each.

I brought the following:

3 x Callistemon Citrinus
2 x Cordylines
2 x small Trahycarpus
4 x small tree ferns

All for £41.
Attachments
DSC_6957_lr.jpg
DSC_6958_lr.jpg
DSC_6959_lr.jpg
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Wow, what a bargain! Well done Ash

:D
flounder

Post by flounder »

:evil: :cry:
ash101uk

Post by ash101uk »

The last 3 sales have been mentioned on the 'Bosham notice board' website. They should post the date of the next. Or I will if I find out before its posted.

http://www.bosham.org/discus/messages/5 ... 1308120678
Simba

Post by Simba »

Amazing value on those tree ferns, I especially like the bent over one, that looks like it comes from the forbidden forest... icon_thumleft
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

i agree Kev,its worth £5.25 all day long :lol: :lol:

great haul Ash,that bent ones worth the £41.00 on its own icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_thumleft
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

I'm actually heading down this way at some point this week. Will the offers still be one or is it all over now?
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
ash101uk

Post by ash101uk »

I contacted Languard last week. There is no plan to have a sale this year. icon_thumbdown
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

ash101uk wrote:I contacted Languard last week. There is no plan to have a sale this year. icon_thumbdown
Bad business practice to say long in advance when they're having a sale. No-one will buy anything for months beforehand, as everyone will wait for the sale. They'll suddenly spring one on you when you're not expecting it.
ash101uk

Post by ash101uk »

langard don't sell to the public except for the sales they have a couple of times a year. From the labels on the plants last time I know they supply homebase, wilkinsons and tesco with plants.