I.D. Hope its not a weed.

Robin Cassell

I.D. Hope its not a weed.

Post by Robin Cassell »

Just wondering if this is a T. rex pup..never had any yet...main plant wiped out this winter,along with everything else,so,would be nice if it was..p.s...are they easy to move??..The leaves look familiar..theres probably 6...some over 4 feet froom dead stem!!
musabasjoos

Re: I.D. Hope its not a weed.

Post by musabasjoos »

congratulations its A T Rex, I’m pretty sure of it.
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Yes I thinks its a T rex. A weed is a plant in the wrong place so it could be called a weed as well.
jimhardy

Post by jimhardy »

Definitely T-rex-
now whether it's a weed or not-that's another question :wink:
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

4 feet from the stem and 6 in total, i'm not sure its a good thing! imagine next year :shock: :shock: :shock:
Robin Cassell

Post by Robin Cassell »

cordyman wrote:4 feet from the stem and 6 in total, i'm not sure its a good thing! imagine next year :shock: :shock: :shock:
cordyman....If it means I get something remotely exotic to grow in this godforsaken wasteland then the more the better
:DD
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Yes thats a Tetrapanax pup, Ive got them coming up all over the place now.
I have taken a couple off for people who wanted them and the rest get the hoe.

I might consider shifting some on eBay if they keep coming up like this.
AndyC

Post by AndyC »

Adrian wrote:I might consider shifting some on eBay if they keep coming up like this.
Only a couple of years ago you could get lots of dosh selling them on eBay but now there are too many of us flogging our surplus to get good money but you'll probably still manage to sell them.
I'm looking forward to finding a few pups as all the above ground growth from previous years has been killed last winter.

There were claims that the 'Tex' form was hardier than the normal T. papyrifer, I don't believe that to be true anymore.
Andy
Madahlia

Post by Madahlia »

AndyC wrote:
Adrian wrote:Only a couple of years ago you could get lots of dosh selling them on eBay but now there are too many of us flogging our surplus to get good money but you'll probably still manage to sell them.
I've been looking on ebay to replace mine (Which I also got on ebay) and the market does not seem to be flooded with them by any means -only two at the moment. They both have bids.