Our Exmouth Garden

redsquirrel

Re: Our Exmouth Garden

Post by redsquirrel »

you dont hang about :lol: i did see the one in the pics but the bed looks well established,not recent plantings icon_thumleft
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
lucienc

Post by lucienc »

redsquirrel wrote:you dont hang about :lol: i did see the one in the pics but the bed looks well established,not recent plantings icon_thumleft
Lots of that went in yesterday (hence why you can still see soil). We were collecting shade/damp plants from West Cornwall Plant Fair, Hardy Exotics, Trevenna Cross, Lower Kennegy, CGF, Akamba and Budleigh Plant Fair the last two weekends :D So yep, that border is actually near 700 miles :roll:
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

you are better than Deb for shopping :lol: i have my moments but thats a cracking fortnights shopping,all our favourites too. will be down this year for sure icon_thumleft icon_thumleft
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
lucienc

Post by lucienc »

redsquirrel wrote:you are better than Deb for shopping :lol: i have my moments but thats a cracking fortnights shopping,all our favourites too. will be down this year for sure icon_thumleft icon_thumleft
Fortnight ? It was 8 days ! :oops:

We have condensed all the buying this year, normally we'd have visited Cornwall earlier, but we waited for the plant fair this year.
bobbyd44

Post by bobbyd44 »

great to see the pics lucien, garden has come a long way and looks the business!!!
dorothy

Post by dorothy »

Hi your garden looks great! Lots of lovely plants :D
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Beautiful garden. Enjoyed looking at all the photos. icon_salut
nige pook

Post by nige pook »

Absolutely stuuning,thankyou! Just one question,where the hell do you store all the tenders over winter? heated greenhouse? Nige icon_scratch
lucienc

Post by lucienc »

nige pook wrote:Absolutely stuuning,thankyou! Just one question,where the hell do you store all the tenders over winter? heated greenhouse? Nige icon_scratch
Which tenders ? The Ensete all spent the winter in the conservatory this year, prior years we've managed with one of the (unheated) greenhouses or for a couple of years they did fine outside taking -3C (been too cold the last few years for that).
HarryandNess

Post by HarryandNess »

Aw Wow! It looks amazing....you've obviously worked very hard to get it like that. T'was great to meet you both on Saturday too! :D :D :D
nige pook

Post by nige pook »

Yeah I meant the ensetes and cannas,guess the rhizomes were fine outside prior to these nasty winters? Unless you plant them out mid mayish. Lost ALL mine this last winter,will lift and store from now on! N
dino

Post by dino »

Very nice Lucien. Lot of hard work there.
lucienc

Post by lucienc »

nige pook wrote:Yeah I meant the ensetes and cannas,guess the rhizomes were fine outside prior to these nasty winters? Unless you plant them out mid mayish. Lost ALL mine this last winter,will lift and store from now on! N
Canna indica are coming back fine in the back garden, the ones in the front got hit by winter 2009/10, deeper rhizomes came back slowly later than normal, left them again for 2010/11 and the back garden ones sprung up better than ever, not seen canna stuttgart so think it's a gonna, it's normally the first up.
kata

Post by kata »

Awesome garden lucien,

Well laid out, totally tropical looking.

Now get in the 'red book'. :lol: :lol: :lol: