some gems from pgp

mouse

Re: some gems from pgp

Post by mouse »

redsquirrel wrote:
DaveP wrote:I've never been, but I'll be scuttling past on the M5 during one of my trips up to the Midlands in a few weeks. Looks as though it's only about 10 mins off the motorway at junction 12. I wonder if I can get in and out within 2 hours icon_scratch
Dave,its literally 2 mins off j13, grab a starbucks coffee in the services after j14 and drink it at the nursery icon_thumright
hey mouse mate icon_thumleft theres always method in my madness,something had to go to make way for some of these.you know what it is :wink: :wink: :wink:
icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_thumleft
Adam D

Re: some gems from pgp

Post by Adam D »

redsquirrel wrote:
Adam D wrote:Interesting haul Darren.

I agree about pushing out the definition of "exotic" and moving away from the traditional exotic plants.

I would love to visit PGP. I went close to there last summer when we drove up and down to Devon, but I don't think a detour would have gone down well and there was no room in the car.
here you go Adam,see what you can do with a few different ones icon_thumright relatively cheap compared to palms too,several 2ft plus trees have been under a tenner icon_thumleft
That get's the thumbs up from me mate!

I have been steadily buying plants this year to replace dead ones and plug some of the gaps, but only 4 of them could be considered traditional "tropical" plants and they have been 1 palm and 3 bamboos, the rest have been ground ferns, exotic looking shrubs, various Hellebores and some other plants and I have been very pleased with the way they fit into the overall style of my garden :)

When the wind calms down and I have done some weeding I will see about taking some photos.