absolute scorcher !

cordyman

absolute scorcher !

Post by cordyman » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:27 am

So the weather this week has been incredibly settled and getting hotter and hotter each day. Was already 20 at 10am this morning.

Very gentle breeze, clear skies with a few whispy clouds and washing dried on line in 15 minutes!

kata

Re: absolute scorcher !

Post by kata » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:30 am

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabulous cordy!

I have the headache but I will still take a wander. Its 20C now so its up 2 degrees from around 10 am.

icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers

cordyman

Re: absolute scorcher !

Post by cordyman » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:36 am

Im having a full English on the decking. Pear Cider hangover lol

worzsel

Re: absolute scorcher !

Post by worzsel » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:37 am

i've been sunbathing. It is lovely isn't it :D

Nigel

Re: absolute scorcher !

Post by Nigel » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:45 am

Lucky you........ today, max 12C min 5C, tomorrow max 11c min 6C , cloud , no sun.
Doesnt sound particularly cold , but houses here not constructed for cold and temp in house is same as outside. Everything damp and cold, wearing overcoats all day.
In mountains its as low as -4C in many places with extreme of -10C in coldest places.
Enjoy your sun !!!

kata

Re: absolute scorcher !

Post by kata » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:58 am

nig,

Is there benefits of you being in Brazil? You need sun to boost your system for winter.

Come home Nig.

:lol: :lol:

Nigel

Re: absolute scorcher !

Post by Nigel » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:23 pm

kata wrote:nig,

Is there benefits of you being in Brazil? You need sun to boost your system for winter.

Come home Nig.

:lol: :lol:
Winter here is usually relatively dry and pleasant.
I just saw the news on tv and its a shocker. Remeniscent of the UK last winter, tonight is forecast to see record lows in south Brasil. The all time record is -18c but they say tonight it will be -20C in places. Most of the tablelands will be between -7C and -10C which in many places will be record lows.

User avatar
Yorkshire Kris
Posts: 10160
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:59 am
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Re: absolute scorcher !

Post by Yorkshire Kris » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:28 pm

Nigel wrote:
kata wrote:nig,

Is there benefits of you being in Brazil? You need sun to boost your system for winter.

Come home Nig.

:lol: :lol:
Winter here is usually relatively dry and pleasant.
I just saw the news on tv and its a shocker. Remeniscent of the UK last winter, tonight is forecast to see record lows in south Brasil. The all time record is -18c but they say tonight it will be -20C in places. Most of the tablelands will be between -7C and -10C which in many places will be record lows.

Will these lows of -10 affect the palms in those areas?

GoggleboxUK

Re: absolute scorcher !

Post by GoggleboxUK » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:34 pm

I've just come back from Milton Keynes and the weather is considerably warmer up here than down there.

Gotta love that!

:DD

User avatar
Yorkshire Kris
Posts: 10160
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:59 am
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Re: absolute scorcher !

Post by Yorkshire Kris » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:38 pm

GoggleboxUK wrote:I've just come back from Milton Keynes and the weather is considerably warmer up here than down there.

Gotta love that!

:DD

It's not bad up North is it?!

Nigel

Re: absolute scorcher !

Post by Nigel » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:40 pm

Yorkshire Kris wrote: Will these lows of -10 affect the palms in those areas?
I think a lot of native palms will suffer defoliation tonight , some of the non-native cultivated species will be killed. Phoenix roebelinni and Archontophoenix are common because even when it goes to a normal low of -4C they burn and recover but this will kill them I think.
Most natives will recover because the cold is unlikely to stay for a long time.

User avatar
Dave Brown
Site Admin
Posts: 19742
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:17 am
Location: Chalk, (Thames Estuary) Kent, England 51.5N 0.3E
Contact:

Re: absolute scorcher !

Post by Dave Brown » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:28 pm

It's 24.3C here atm, watching Wimbledon finals up on the deck.
2011-07-03 15-05-46 Wimbledon Final.jpg
For anyone wanting to know more local temps and current temps around the UK or world see http://www.hardytropicals.co.uk/forum/v ... =19&t=3219

Nigel I think I'll start a topic on the weather forum, as we are still told Warming is occuring, but all continents are recording record cold in their winter over the last 3 years. Something does not add up icon_scratch.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright
_________________________________________________
Roll on summer.....
http://www.hardytropicals.co.uk

kata

Re: absolute scorcher !

Post by kata » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:33 pm

Wimbledon finals
Its finished, or not Dave...its boring.......I miss my doctors programe. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cordyman

Re: absolute scorcher !

Post by cordyman » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:14 pm

25 c in cheshire just about to fire up the barbie again!

jezza

Re: absolute scorcher !

Post by jezza » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:50 pm

I'm keeping nice and cool in this....


Image


8) 8)

Post Reply