Cordymans Makeover - *Unwapping Musa Basjoo - April*

cordyman

Cordymans Makeover - *Unwapping Musa Basjoo - April*

Post by cordyman »

My tropical bug was sparked by this forum and simply enquiring about a Cordyline a few years ago. Very glad I found this place as without it the garden would have probably stayed how it looked when I moved in. Thanks for all the advice from everyone so far - its been invaluable :DD

Garden now complete for 2011. (until next year ;) )

View from the decking

View from the shed

The only palm in the garden upon moving in

The empty border

Some other pics

Last edited by cordyman on Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:13 pm, edited 8 times in total.
leewatson1980

Re: Garden Finally Complete - July 2011 with before and afte

Post by leewatson1980 »

Looking great mate, when I saw the first pic I'd forgot about the before and after pics in the title and thought WHY, but then I carried on and realised my mistake and its a great turn around.
your decking looks 100% better, the addition of the shed is great and the plants just bring it all together.
one point though and this was pointed out to me by Grub when I first started here, your garden is never finished.

Lee
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

It does look great Cordy but if you walk past a nice palm in a DIY shed or happen to catch a bargain ebay auction then you'll realise there's no such thing as finished.

;)
Maxine

Post by Maxine »

Wow! Looking through the photos of your garden delighted me. I see on your fence you have a screening. I am hoping to get some reed screening for my fence. Your planting looks fantastic.

Maxine
dk

Post by dk »

Good job transforming the garden, it all looks great icon_thumleft

The bottom of your garden with that tall tree and what looks like two cypresses give it almost an Italian feel. Very nice!
Mo

Post by Mo »

Looks great! What a transformation! You must feel really satisfied. But I have to agree with Gogglebox - a garden is never----ever----- ever complete! Especially with this exotic bug! :lol: :lol: :lol:
ash101uk

Post by ash101uk »

Lovely transformation. You must be well pleased.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Superb transformation!!! Enjoy!!
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
lee-ann

Post by lee-ann »

Looking fab sooooooo jealous of the palms but after spear pulling both my largish Trachycarpus and waggie this week I'll stick to my tiddy ones or those I class as bedding .......your garden is never finished believe me :lol:
grub

Post by grub »

Looks great Cordy icon_cheers , like Lee said; your gardens never finished and just to annoy you all the things you realise you need are rarer and dearer :lol: .
countrylover

Post by countrylover »

Awesome icon_thumleft
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Thanks all!

Could be tempted by a Jas waggy if he gets any. The next big spending spree will probably happen next year though lol
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

Congratulations Cordy on a job well done, I would however be tempted to style the edges of your boarder but that is just me. You have done a brilliant job mate, now all you have to do is sit back and enjoy. 8)
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

nice work mate.

lol @ complete

give it a few weeks and you will be itches to alter something :lol:
Troppoz

Post by Troppoz »

Yes Cordy good work the garden looks great but you are naive to think that you can ever announce that your garden is 'complete'...

Just wait till you next drive past a nursery and decide to pop in just to have a look, like any junkie we gardeners are weak for temptation! :lol: