Palms tropical oasis, Stapeley nr Nantwich, Cheshire

musabasjoos

Re: Palms tropical oasis, Stapeley nr Nantwich, Cheshire

Post by musabasjoos » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:52 pm

Yorkshire Kris wrote:Didn't they have some fantastic cycads? Have they all gone?
Kris, just been today and there are a few large cycads left in the tropical house.

Palm wise there are 2 chammy about 10ft tall, 1 chammy about 6ft tall, a tracy inside which i dont think is sold at about 20 ft tall. A Phoenix robellini about 8ft tall and a few other sorts at over 10ft tall.

about 10 tree ferns from between 2ft to 8ft.

I will post piccys of todays haul tomorrow.

pdid

Re: Palms tropical oasis, Stapeley nr Nantwich, Cheshire

Post by pdid » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:02 pm

musabasjoos wrote:
Yorkshire Kris wrote:Didn't they have some fantastic cycads? Have they all gone?
Kris, just been today and there are a few large cycads left in the tropical house.

Palm wise there are 2 chammy about 10ft tall, 1 chammy about 6ft tall, a tracy inside which i dont think is sold at about 20 ft tall. A Phoenix robellini about 8ft tall and a few other sorts at over 10ft tall.

about 10 tree ferns from between 2ft to 8ft.

I will post piccys of todays haul tomorrow.
Any prices on those tree ferns Darren?

I`m still debating whether it`s worth the 100 mile round trip. I`m thinking not at the moment.

GoggleboxUK

Re: Palms tropical oasis, Stapeley nr Nantwich, Cheshire

Post by GoggleboxUK » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:52 pm

pdid wrote:
Any prices on those tree ferns Darren?

I`m still debating whether it`s worth the 100 mile round trip. I`m thinking not at the moment.
Pick me up on the way and I'll split the petrol with you.

Might want to unbolt the back seats too.

:lol:

cordyman

Re: Palms tropical oasis, Stapeley nr Nantwich, Cheshire

Post by cordyman » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:21 pm

I called them and they said they had no palms left. Only Indoors Tropical plants

GoggleboxUK

Re: Palms tropical oasis, Stapeley nr Nantwich, Cheshire

Post by GoggleboxUK » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:22 pm

Tree ferns and cycads are not palms.

;)

pdid

Re: Palms tropical oasis, Stapeley nr Nantwich, Cheshire

Post by pdid » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:59 pm

GoggleboxUK wrote:
pdid wrote:
Any prices on those tree ferns Darren?

I`m still debating whether it`s worth the 100 mile round trip. I`m thinking not at the moment.
Pick me up on the way and I'll split the petrol with you.

Might want to unbolt the back seats too.

:lol:
Hehe I may take you up on that, i`m gonna ring them tomorrow I think.

Back seats fold flat icon_thumright

GoggleboxUK

Re: Palms tropical oasis, Stapeley nr Nantwich, Cheshire

Post by GoggleboxUK » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:12 pm

Sounds good to me, let's have a road trip!

:DD

pdid

Re: Palms tropical oasis, Stapeley nr Nantwich, Cheshire

Post by pdid » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:27 pm

GoggleboxUK wrote:Sounds good to me, let's have a road trip!

:DD
I`ll chuck you a pm in the morning. It`ll be afternoon when I finish work if I go.

I`ve just paid out a fortune on the car this month so if there`s only big stuff left I won`t be going.

delboy12

Re: Palms tropical oasis, Stapeley nr Nantwich, Cheshire

Post by delboy12 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:30 pm

just seen this,bloody hell i would have been there straight away sounds like it might be too late now.have a large greenhouse to over winter plants,if any thing less but going on holls a week on friday and really busy with work :x

GoggleboxUK

Re: Palms tropical oasis, Stapeley nr Nantwich, Cheshire

Post by GoggleboxUK » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:11 pm

pdid wrote:
GoggleboxUK wrote:Sounds good to me, let's have a road trip!

:DD
I`ll chuck you a pm in the morning. It`ll be afternoon when I finish work if I go.

I`ve just paid out a fortune on the car this month so if there`s only big stuff left I won`t be going.
Yeah I've spent too much already this year but if there are bargains to be had....

Plus it almost feels like adoption when nurseries close down and give away plants to good homes. I've no real room left for big stuff but might be tempted by a tree fern or a non-Revoluta cycad if they have any. Could do with some colour too really.

icon_thumright

musabasjoos

Re: Palms tropical oasis, Stapeley nr Nantwich, Cheshire

Post by musabasjoos » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:00 am

Guys, Ive got no prices on the Dicksonia antarctica , palms or cycads. You can just make them an offer and more often than not will take it.

I only purchased a couple of things for myself yesterday and i made the mistake of stopping off at my Parents house on the way back and so lost one of each of my plants.

I picked up this colocasia - don’t know what variety it is though. Also the other plant pictured which i cant remember the name of. They were £4 in total for 2 large clumps.
Attachments
1.JPG
2.JPG

User avatar
Yorkshire Kris
Posts: 10160
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:59 am
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Re: Palms tropical oasis, Stapeley nr Nantwich, Cheshire

Post by Yorkshire Kris » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:25 pm

Darren I think that colocasia is illustris.

Henry

Re: Palms tropical oasis, Stapeley nr Nantwich, Cheshire

Post by Henry » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:44 pm

The tree ferns when I went were way too expensive, they were after £100 for a 3 foot trunked one! I was asked how much I would offer, I said £10ish a foot but they were after near the £100 mark. Not worth the effort of digging it up when you can get them for £20 a foot.
The large chamerops inside I don't think you can get them, they will need ALOT of digging out with machinery, Chester zoo with have them.
Theres no plants in the italian garden worth the time and effort removing, there are some acers, but there price there after you could get the in a pot nicely establish.

cordyman

Re: Palms tropical oasis, Stapeley nr Nantwich, Cheshire

Post by cordyman » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:48 pm

you got any pics of your haul henry?

Henry

Re: Palms tropical oasis, Stapeley nr Nantwich, Cheshire

Post by Henry » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:58 pm

I'm digging them out on the 15th when there closed to the public, I can't opperate the mini-digger while there still open to the public. I will have them all out in the day with the digger.

Post Reply