High nitrogen Chempak feed.

karl66

High nitrogen Chempak feed.

Post by karl66 »

Can this be put on a yucca rostrata and yucca faxoniana?. I already put palmbooster on them. karl.
sanatic1234

Re: High nitrogen Chempak feed.

Post by sanatic1234 »

You could always make your own feed Karl to save buying it and it is easy to make, using stinging nettles, that is high in nitrogen. I have some from last year and will be giving it a try tonight again. it should be even better now its a year old :) 1 part nettle feed 10 parts water. :)
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

you need to root it before you feed it Karl,root stimulant and water during the warm periods,nothing when cool and dry as poss over winter till you get roots poking out the bottom of your pot icon_thumright
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
karl66

Post by karl66 »

redsquirrel wrote:you need to root it before you feed it Karl,root stimulant and water during the warm periods,nothing when cool and dry as poss over winter till you get roots poking out the bottom of your pot icon_thumright
They are both in pots but are well rooted and big plants. karl.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

I guess almost any plant will respond to high N feed with an increase in biomass topside , I guess the questions would be whether this will affect the plant in winter.
I know with trachys for example that high N feed gives bigger softer leaves that get even more thrashed in winter winds.
If you continue to use palmbooster combined with balanced feed then as the rootmass grows the roots will take more nutrient and support more leaves and you will get same result but with a stronger more robust plant. It just takes longer as first the roots need to grow.