collins99

Re: first night in its new home update

Post by collins99 »

Amazing Cycad Paul :mrgreen: great pics , icon_thumright

nick..
Simba

Post by Simba »

That is quite simply, an incredible looking plant, and I bet every single person on this website would love to have it...... icon_thumleft
fgtbell

Re: first night in its new home

Post by fgtbell »

paul h wrote:Pete the idea is to go for a jungle look with some of my more tender tree ferns
Great planting Paul.

Could I suggest a bit of shade cloth for your ferns... they are mostly understorey plants, even the big tree ferns are often under the canopy in the rainforest, and the small ones like to grow in gullies etc. I know native ferns like bracken will grow in the open in full sun, but a lot of the rainforest ferns are shade-lovers.
Melissa

Post by Melissa »

It's looking good Paul, it must really like it in there :D

So have you got rid of all the Mealy bug now, what did you use?

Melissa
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Paul you certainly have a brilliant plant there, and now it's home to go with it. I can imagine sitting there with a nice Australian red and feeling you were in Oz. :wink:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by paul h »

Thanks guys and girls :oops:
the mealy bug was got rid of by repeated use of a pressure washer :oops: and loads of provado,it seems to have settled down now and with the cycad opening up I can get in to keep an eye on it :D
Could I suggest a bit of shade cloth for your ferns... they are mostly understorey plants, even the big tree ferns are often under the canopy in the rainforest, and the small ones like to grow in gullies etc. I know native ferns like bracken will grow in the open in full sun, but a lot of the rainforest ferns are shade-lovers.
You cant see it but there is some above the tree ferns plus the back side is south facing and the hedge/panels do cut down the sun but thanks for the idea icon_thumleft maybe a little more might be in order :D
Would be nice to be in Oz :D

Ps there is an update in my gallery on the greenhouse it has grown a bit in projects 09