provado in pots

Tom2006

provado in pots

Post by Tom2006 »

I keep finding vine weevils so got some provado and treated most of my pots. It was horrible white liquid. I added it as directed I presume it won't harm my plants at all?
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
kata

Re: provado in pots

Post by kata »

Not if you stick to the Instructions Tom,

Yes, it is white fluid. It does'nt seem to stain which is great.

I have been using it all summer on and off. I don't think its any better than a cheap one to be honest. Its the wasps, those small ones if thats what they are thats the menace.

Little white moths that hide in the flowers. I bought a cheap alternative bug killer as its late in the season now and they soon scarpered :lol: :lol: So its a choice Tom.

Flowers are slowly dying now, my Acers are turning red.......what does that remind you of Tom...HAHAHAHA!!!!

icon_cheers icon_cheers
flounder

Post by flounder »

I haven't used provado vine weevil killer for the last couple of years, mainly cos I'm using a different compost mix (plus I keep forgetting!).
They love a peaty compost but a treatment with the stuff should last 6 months if I remember correctly
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Thanks guys. What is the cheap stuff Kata? My provado didn't go far. I'm thinking of getting some nematodes.
kata

Post by kata »

Any Tom,

Price would be from say B&Q (their own) around the fiver. I was in Ashton for a change on wednsday and got one from a supermarket along with a big slug bait (Organic) and the bug killer, also a Duracell two battery charger, plus two rechargable batteries all for £7.95 :lol:

I believe thats a Kerchunk/kerchink as they say. :lol: :lol:
Hoops

Post by Hoops »

Hi Tom
this morning i bought a bottle of Provado concentrate, it was just over £8 and when diluted makes 24 litres. Not bad really.

icon_thumleft
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

Tom I have used nematodes in the past, they did a brilliant job on my slug infestation, but have a limited life and it can be quite pricy. Don't know if they work on vine weevils, as I did'nt have that problem :D
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

I have just gone nematode crazy. I've got some nematodes for vine weevil, slugs AND ants (which are very bad this year, even killing patches of my lawn!!) all on route. My garden will be crawling with nematodes! :lol: :? :?
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

I always remember thinking keep your mouth tightly shut when mixing nematodes with water, I was terrified some would splash into my mouth, the nematodes would then start eating me from the inside as well :lol: , I always did have a vivid imagination :lol: . Good luck with them they should have your problems sorted in no time icon_thumleft
kata

Post by kata »

Like,

march of the..can only find Dinosaurs...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: