some pics of my garden.

jason

some pics of my garden.

Post by jason »

thought it was time to show some pics while the garden was looking good..
hope u enjoy.. :)
Attachments
colacasia esculenta
colacasia esculenta
aeonimums
aeonimums
rsz_photo0006.jpg
overwintered persian shield (still not fully coloured up after winter)
overwintered persian shield (still not fully coloured up after winter)
rsz_photo0008.jpg
rsz_photo0009.jpg
underside view of ricinus new zealand purple leaves.
underside view of ricinus new zealand purple leaves.
underside view of tetrapanax leaves
underside view of tetrapanax leaves
lotus maculatus
lotus maculatus
rsz_photo0015.jpg
lee-ann

Re: some pics of my garden.

Post by lee-ann »

Lovely pictures Jason ... especially like the lotus :D
bobbyd44

Post by bobbyd44 »

looks great, very leafy just what i like..also i really like the lotus maculatus
fantastic looking plant.. icon_thumleft
jason

Post by jason »

here are a few more for you..
Attachments
rsz_photo0017.jpg
rsz_photo0018.jpg
cotinus, ricinus & melianthus.
cotinus, ricinus & melianthus.
rsz_photo0019.jpg
Troppoz

Post by Troppoz »

Nice pics Jason, I especially like the ricinus. Good use of colour and leaf shape too! icon_thumright

Stephen would you say that the plant in the second last picture Lotus maculatus is one of the ones in a recent set of pics from a botanic garden somewhere that you were trying to identify?

Sean
kata

Post by kata »

The garden is lovely Jason,

My favorite is the chocolate Swartzkof , has it flowered yet? Also is the tall stem a Canna about to flower?

The overall look of the garden is a pleasure to look at.

icon_cheers icon_cheers
Jo A P

Post by Jo A P »

That is stunning, I like everything about it. Just enough flowers, plenty of leaves with different shapes & colours. Have a pat on the back.

Just how do you get your lotus to grow? I have a miserable little one that is alive but not growing at all.
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Jason I remember your garden photos from last year. They are full of colour and great leaf form and texture. This years display is just as good. You don't post much, but when you do post it is quality. icon_thumleft
Rod

Post by Rod »

Beautiful and Tropical Jason - I like it.
Your Aeoniums in image 2 may get trashed this Winter???
Have a look at what happened to mine ( Before and After Images of very cold weather )
Attachments
PERFECT CONDITION
PERFECT CONDITION
GOING
GOING
GOING
GOING
GONE !!!
GONE !!!
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Rod wrote:Beautiful and Tropical Jason - I like it.
Your Aeoniums in image 2 may get trashed this Winter???
Have a look at what happened to mine ( Before and After Images of very cold weather )

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think anyone in the UK leaves their Aeoniums planted outside in winter. I'm sure Jason will bring them in. Sorry to see yours do downhill Rod. The pups look ok though.
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

Troppoz wrote:Nice pics Jason, I especially like the ricinus. Good use of colour and leaf shape too! icon_thumright

Stephen would you say that the plant in the second last picture Lotus maculatus is one of the ones in a recent set of pics from a botanic garden somewhere that you were trying to identify?

Sean
The flowers are quite different.. probably not that therefore, but I wish it was Lotus maculatus. I'll have a closer look again at the photos.

By the way Jason, awesome garden you have, love the plants, especially the Persian shield!
jason

Post by jason »

thanks for your comments everyone..

KATA, sadly the swartzkopf has yet to flower 4 years old now aswell and yes it is a canna about to flower,well spotted icon_cheers

Jo AP, the lotus likes plenty of sun (not easy to achieve this summer!) and not to much watering,in photo 0018 there is more lotus under the banana and canna which get less sun and just produces masses of foliage with very few flowers.

Yorkshire Kris, cheers for your kind comments and yes your right wouldnt chance leaving aeoniums out over winter,they are sunk into ground in their pots and will be lifted before winter.
kata

Post by kata »

On my broken machine I have a lovely Image of a Swartzkof,

It must be quite old cus it has a ton of yellow flowers. The tree has the main center stem and that branches out left and right....Its a beaut.

I think its maybe from a garden in Canada, Florida, or Mexico, somewhere hot anyway for the condition.

I got my first Cana this year, supposedly orange but its not flowered, bought it too late Jason. Do we leave them in the ground do you know?

icon_cheers icon_cheers
jason

Post by jason »

kata wrote:On my broken machine I have a lovely Image of a Swartzkof,

It must be quite old cus it has a ton of yellow flowers. The tree has the main center stem and that branches out left and right....Its a beaut.

I think its maybe from a garden in Canada, Florida, or Mexico, somewhere hot anyway for the condition.

I got my first Cana this year, supposedly orange but its not flowered, bought it too late Jason. Do we leave them in the ground do you know?

icon_cheers icon_cheers
Up until the last two winters you would have been ok with a mulch over them in winter,but now think its best to lift them and store them dry,then start of with bottom heat in the spring.Still time for your canna to flower yet kata. :)
kata

Post by kata »

Thanks Jason,

They're not like nanas are they where you have to drain them :lol:

Do we wait for frost to blacken or wait till they die off naturally?

The Cana of mine is just taking off, if it flowers I shall happy dance. :lol: :lol: :lol: