Still Feeding Palms

delboy12

Still Feeding Palms

Post by delboy12 »

Hi with the weather set fair for 10-14 days going to carry on feeding all my palm trees icon_sunny . Any Thoughts ?
GoggleboxUK

Re: Still Feeding Palms

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Don't feed slow release!

:lol:
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

I stopped feeding mine about a month ago. No harm in a thin mulch of well rotted manure though.
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
jezza

Post by jezza »

I haven't fed mine at all this year. They've grown so well they haven't needed it.
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

Feed this time of year will soften the growth and will make it weaker for the winter weather. I would go with what tom says that is the better option. The only plants i am feeding are my collies and Alocasia as they will be coming indoors so won't be affected by the winter weather.
Rachelpalm

Post by Rachelpalm »

Hello
I stopped feeding everything 2 weeks ago. Including my nanas.
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Bad move Del Boy, just let things harden off a bit, in fact an Indian summer is bad for a lot of borderline plants as it kicks off new growth and then BANG comes the first frosts and the plants havent had time to adjust.
Of course Im talking planted out palms and plants, potted stuff can be brought inside so doesnt matter.
Vic

Post by Vic »

feeding stops near the end of august, like Ade says the plants that are outside just will not benefit from food now, they need to slow down in prep for winter.

It is tempting i know, all mine are now growing at the fastest rate of the year!!
grub

Post by grub »

Vic wrote:
It is tempting i know, all mine are now growing at the fastest rate of the year!!
Ditto Vic :evil: .
delboy12

Post by delboy12 »

Only fed the ones that are going under glass and have heat,didnt realise we work to the calendar icon_silent