heat mat advice wanted

nicebutdim

heat mat advice wanted

Post by nicebutdim » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:58 am

I have an alocasia that needs heat,it's not the regular odora ,got it in Florida but it's really struggling over here despite being 6 years old.It needs something to keep it alive in the winter as I don't want it to go dormant,a heat mat would seem to be the answer,just something to cover one 6" pot and heats it to about 75Degrees,does anyone have any advice on what to get,I have used a heated seed tray for some months but it's big and ugly and it's not allowed in the house anymore!

The Codfather

Re: heat mat advice wanted

Post by The Codfather » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:02 am

I have just pruchased a reptile heat matt........see this http://www.hardytropicals.co.uk/forum/v ... =1&t=13888 but Dave Brown has first hand experience using one so he mat elaberate.
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !

nige pook

Re: heat mat advice wanted

Post by nige pook » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:04 pm

I bought a bio green one,the smallest one they sell. Works great for me and by putting a large plastic clear tub over it hey presto a propagator! Sorry havn't got the link but you'll find it under a google search or through jungleseeds.Nige