HTUK member 'Voyager'

Melissa

Re: HTUK member 'Voyager'

Post by Melissa »

So sorry to hear your very sad news, John. Our thoughts are with you during this tuff time.

Melissa & Keith
Nigel Fear

Post by Nigel Fear »

So sorry to hear that John...
Mark

Post by Mark »

Dave I think that is a brilliant suggestion. We can use the donation button to pay .

I only met Ian twice but everytime I looked at him he was either laughing or smiling. I kind of got the feeling he loved life and seemed very happy. That is how I will remember him.
Darren Turner

Post by Darren Turner »

I'm so very sorry John.
I only met Ian the once at Wisley, within 30 seconds of me getting out of my car he was chatting to me and making me feel so at ease and welcome.
I can't begin to imagine what you are going through.
But my thoughts are with you.

Darren.
vivi

Post by vivi »

So sorry to hear your very sad news John,I know a little of how you are feeling as my son died last year aged 24.I sincerely hope you have family and friends around you for support,they will help you through the dark days,the sun will shine again soon I promise.xx
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

John, terrible news. I met Ian just the once at Wisley, nice bloke.
Thoughts are with you John, the families and friends.

Adrian.
Palmer

Post by Palmer »

I'm so sorry to here about your very sad news John, i only met Ian the once,
and he was such a nice guy.
God bless,
Tony.
Kev Spence

Post by Kev Spence »

Hi John, so sad to read the news about Ian ....Jackie and myself just could not believe it, life is so cruel at times.
We really enjoyed meeting yourself Ian and Don, while walking Wisley, what seems like just the other day and are sympathies go out to you and Ian's family.
No doubt he will be greatly missed as he seemed a very jovial character and full of life. All the best and try and remember the good times.

The pic below is one I fondly remember of our ramblings around Wisley.

Kev and Jackie
darran

Post by darran »

John......I am so sorry to hear about your sad news! My thoughts are with you at this very sad time!

Darran
kentgardener

Post by kentgardener »

Dear All

thank you for the many kind thoughts of the HTUK members – the personal and posted messages have helped me to cope a lot. Some have made me smile inwardly with memories and some have brought tears of joy and longing to my eyes. I have had a lot of ups and downs over the last three weeks (unfortunately mostly downs) but the thoughts that so many people enjoyed Ian’s company has been of huge support.

Ian has eventually been released to us and we are now able to make funeral arrangements for Thursday 5th June at 14.40. The service is to be held in Corbets Tay Crematorium, Upminster. Ian is originally from Essex so most of his family are over that side of the Thames. The funeral procession will be starting out from Ian’s family home in Basildon at 2pm (including a London Routemaster Bus laid on by his company if anyone wants to join in).

It is really kind of the many HTUK members to have donated for a remembrance to Ian’s life and, albeit brief, inclusion in our friendly band of enthusiasts. I am sure that over future years you would have loved him for his friendly, helpful and jovial nature as much as I have grown to love him over the last 8 years.

I will leave the choice of flowers or donation up to you guys - part of me wants to say ‘donation’ as that was always our preference at funerals - but then as a group of plant enthusiasts it may be the consensus that a wreath would be more apt – and I am sure his family would love a big floral occasion. If you do decide on a donation our favoured charity was the Prostate Cancer Charity ( http://www.prostate-cancer.org.uk ). My father has suffered from Prostate Cancer for some years and Ian, our friends and myself are always wanting to help make advances in the treatments available. If anyone is interested my parents feature in the Annual Review of the charity in 2006 ( http://www.prostate-cancer.org.uk/pdf/a ... iew_06.pdf page 4).

I hope that I will get the chance to see you at a future HTUK gathering but now I have lost ‘the driver’ I cannot be certain.

With kind regards

John
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Hi John, Thanks for the Update.

Wasn't able to get online at all yesterday so only just read the post.

I shall be attending the funeral at Upminster on Thursday

In answer to the PMs I have received. I think we can do both, with a floral tribute although time is short, and a donation to the charity. We have reserved the donation button for the Month of June to the memory of Ian, and will make a donation by cheque to the charity at the beginning of July.

John, you're more that welcome to come with me to any events that I'm going to. You're not that far away. Myself and Steve went up to Almulree, UJ and Melissa's on Saturday, I'm sure we could taken you as well. :wink:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright