Temperature in Sun on the west coast today.

Las Palmas Norte

Re: Shocking weather on the west coast today.

Post by Las Palmas Norte »

Doesn't this thread belong on the Weather and Climatology forum? (see Forum List) ... please post under the appropriate headings.

Cheers, Barrie.
cordyman

Re: Temperature in Sun on the west coast today.

Post by cordyman »

i used to have one of my thermo's in the sun last year but thought the temp was so inaccurate it didnt have any bearing on how warm it actually felt to be out in.

If they are a good indicator of temp when working in the garden and in full sun, I may put it back in that position, keeping my shade one for reference too of course
Last edited by cordyman on Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
jungle jas

Post by jungle jas »

Las Palmas Norte wrote:Doesn't this thread belong on the Weather and Climatology forum? (see Forum List) ... please post under the appropriate headings.

Cheers, Barrie.
No it definitely belongs to the Barbecue forum but I couldn't find that one. Other people took it of topic. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Arlon Tishmarsh

Post by Arlon Tishmarsh »

Tom2006 wrote:
Trudytropics wrote:Oh Tom you could move in next to Arlon, think of the fun you could have :lol:
We'd just sit stroking each other's fronds! :lol:
You stay where you are dude.............me and Flossy are inseparable :lol: :lol: :lol:

Baaa :D
jungle jas

Post by jungle jas »

cordyman wrote:i used to have one of my thermo's in the sun last year but thought the temp was so inaccurate it didnt have any bearing on how warm it actually felt to be out in.

It they are a good indicator of temp when working in the garden and in full sun, I may put it back in that position, keeping my shade one for reference too of course
You are quite right cordy, It felt warm so I moved the sensor out of the shade onto a chair were I was having the barbie in full sun just out of interest. icon_thumright

Now I really must go and do some work. By for Now.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

jungle jas wrote:
cordyman wrote:i used to have one of my thermo's in the sun last year but thought the temp was so inaccurate it didnt have any bearing on how warm it actually felt to be out in.

It they are a good indicator of temp when working in the garden and in full sun, I may put it back in that position, keeping my shade one for reference too of course
You are quite right cordy, It felt warm so I moved the sensor out of the shade onto a chair were I was having the barbie in full sun just out of interest. icon_thumright

Radiant heat from the BBQ? icon_thumright
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
jungle jas

Post by jungle jas »

Tom2006 wrote:
jungle jas wrote:

Radiant heat from the BBQ? icon_thumright
Quite so tom. icon_thumright By the way I didn't mean to insult you by calling you a footballers wife, heaven for fend I used it in the original meaning - a happy jolly prankster. :lol: icon_thumright icon_thumright
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

I thought you were referring to him as a species of Trachycarpus :lol: :lol: :lol: