app for hardy tropicals

daz

app for hardy tropicals

Post by daz »

Hi does anybody know if thers an app for this site?it would be alot easyier for posting pics on i think.Well for me it would anyway :D
musabasjoos

Re: app for hardy tropicals

Post by musabasjoos »

I presume your not talking about Android, but if you were You could try and create yourself one with this tool - http://beta.appinventor.mit.edu/#470914
call

Post by call »

wow a htuk app
cool :!:
kata

Post by kata »

There is'nt one Call

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
call

Post by call »

ohhhhhhhh
i got my hopes up
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
boybeck

Post by boybeck »

I have suggested using twitter in the past. We could post messages and photos including the search term #HTUK. A twitter viewer embedded on a page within this website would then pick up all postings because it would search for anything with the search term #HTUK. It's very easy to do. I have often wanted to post up a picture on here while out and about but it's too much of a fiddle at the moment.
boybeck

Post by boybeck »

Following my previous email, here's an example of that twitter viewer in use at the bottom of the RHS Hampton Court Flower Show Page. It will display a posting from anyone including the search term "#rhshampton".

I've just bought my tickets for the show so I've done a tweet test to their twitter viewer to show you how it works.. My name is @writetoboybeck.

http://www.rhs.org.uk/Shows-Events/RHS- ... -Show/2012
kata

Post by kata »

Gudun BB

:lol: :lol:
flounder

Post by flounder »

Thats all very well, but a lot of us 'older ones' haven't joined the twit brigade :(
boybeck

Post by boybeck »

flounder wrote:Thats all very well, but a lot of us 'older ones' haven't joined the twit brigade :(
Well look at what palm tree excitement you might be missing. Try it, you might like it ;-)
kata

Post by kata »

Thats all very well, but a lot of us 'older ones' haven't joined the twit brigade
There are many twits at FB Flounder, some real twits.

I have been reading about FB.

(A) A West Yorkshire teenager is charged with making racially aggravated comments on Facebook about the deaths of six soldiers in Afghanistan.

(b) The abuse of the blind policeman who hung himself

(C) a young redheaded school girl taunted for her red hair as a child, years later is being taunted for her hair on FB.

Probably loads more such cases where people were abused and killed themselves. Maybe the FB members did'nt actually fire a gun but they were the cause behind it.

Idiots!!! icon_aaargh
boybeck

Post by boybeck »

I have created a twitter search app which could be included on a page on HTUK.

Dave, is it something you could include on the site?

Here's the code:

<script charset="utf-8" src="http://widgets.twimg.com/j/2/widget.js"></script>
<script>
new TWTR.Widget({
version: 2,
type: 'search',
search: '#htuk',
interval: 30000,
title: 'Hardy Tropicals UK',
subject: '#HTUK',
width: 250,
height: 300,
theme: {
shell: {
background: '#8ec1da',
color: '#ffffff'
},
tweets: {
background: '#ffffff',
color: '#444444',
links: '#1985b5'
}
},
features: {
scrollbar: false,
loop: true,
live: true,
behavior: 'default'
}
}).render().start();
</script>
musabasjoos

Post by musabasjoos »

boybeck, Dave and His Son are currently in the process of redesigning this site and if my memory serves me right there is the inclusion of facebook, not sure about twitter though.
JohnH

Post by JohnH »

Sounds a good idea for those that use these things. Will the twitter and facebook but fully integrated into the site as I dont really use those things, my nephews set up Facebook for me but thats as far as I went with it. It would be a shame to seperate out everything as we will miss out is people only share in one place.

Also can anyone tell me why there is a seperate forum on hardytropicals dot com? that just seems excessive.

Rgds
JH
musabasjoos

Post by musabasjoos »

JohnH wrote:Also can anyone tell me why there is a seperate forum on hardytropicals dot com? that just seems excessive.
John, that sites nothing to do this this forum. As far as i can see its a US site. So no worries there. icon_thumright