Washingtonia robusta seeds sprouted

Adrian Brattle

Washingtonia robusta seeds sprouted

Post by Adrian Brattle »

Washingtonia robusta seeds sprouted in just 7 days. I did not thought that my seeds would of germinated so quick!
Attachments
photo.JPG
Vagetarian

Re: Washingtonia robusta seeds sprouted

Post by Vagetarian »

Nice!

I bought a pack from eBay, 1 or 2 sprouted after a couple of weeks but the majority came after a couple of months. I've just thrown them out, I could only find a few non-germinators in there, must have had 90%! icon_thumleft
flounder

Post by flounder »

I've found 7 days is about average for washingtonia germination, you'll get a few more up to about 28 days. After that I don't bother waiting. That isn't the problem though. As with all/most palm seeds its like watching paint dry after the seed leaf stage! :D
Adrian Brattle

Post by Adrian Brattle »

Vagetarian wrote:Nice!

I bought a pack from eBay, 1 or 2 sprouted after a couple of weeks but the majority came after a couple of months. I've just thrown them out, I could only find a few non-germinators in there, must have had 90%! icon_thumleft
My seeds was placed on top of the boiler at 33*C.
Vagetarian

Post by Vagetarian »

Moving mine from the conservatory at anything up to 30-45 degrees to the airing cupboard at about 25 seems to have dragged the germination out then. The last one sprouted a few weeks ago, about 8 months after sowing.

I don't have a big selection of palm seedlings but the W. robusta I kept is the fastest I have.
jungle jas

Post by jungle jas »

Picked my seeds from under the trees when on Holiday so they were fresh, Still took 2-3 weeks 30c. Perhaps the extra 3c made all the difference. icon_scratch icon_thumright
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

This was my 2 year old seedling back in 2011 adrian. They do grow quick from seed so i have found.
Attachments
My washy seedling from 2011..jpg
Adrian Brattle

Post by Adrian Brattle »

jungle jas wrote:Picked my seeds from under the trees when on Holiday so they were fresh, Still took 2-3 weeks 30c. Perhaps the extra 3c made all the difference. icon_scratch icon_thumright
Just doubled checked the temps with my infrared thermometer and this time it say 37.6*C.
jungle jas

Post by jungle jas »

Adrian Brattle wrote:
jungle jas wrote:Picked my seeds from under the trees when on Holiday so they were fresh, Still took 2-3 weeks 30c. Perhaps the extra 3c made all the difference. icon_scratch icon_thumright
Just doubled checked the temps with my infrared thermometer and this time it say 37.6*C.

O well that explains it then. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: icon_thumright
JakoMonster

Post by JakoMonster »

Mine germinated quickly all did was put them my on top of my draws in my room so not that much, now they all have got 2 leaves and pushing out there 3rd leaves.