Some pics

Barry

Some pics

Post by Barry »

Most of the exotic stuff still has to get going but I thought I'd pop some pics up anyway.

Some recent buys;

And the real owner :roll: ;

flounder

Re: Some pics

Post by flounder »

Amazing colour for so few flowers, blends really well icon_thumleft icon_thumleft
andyb

Post by andyb »

Looks stunning Barry, not sure about the pink chairs though :D
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

Gorgeous Barry, lovely plants, that Trachycarpus is nearly bent double with the weight of the flowers :lol:

I like your pink chairs icon_thumleft and I like your puddy tat icon_cat
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Well, I know where I'm going for my holidays. If you find a strange bloke on a sunbed drinking Budweiser don't worry Barry, it's only me :lol:

Gorgeous! I love that first pic especially. You should be very proud, that's a beautiful space.

icon_thumleft
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

Definitely a WOW icon_cheers

If some one were to tell me to get lost - I'd happily do it in your garden, Barry :D
Tom and Shell

Post by Tom and Shell »

Your garden is stunning Barry, lovely pictures too icon_salut
HarryandNess

Post by HarryandNess »

Just beautiful Barry icon_thumleft You must be very proud. I like your pink chairs too, they're dudey :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ness
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

WoW, amazing garden Barry, the colours and leaf shape go together brilliantly and those pink chairs really work icon_thumleft excellent..
flounder

Post by flounder »

Hmm, seems the girls on here love those chairs :roll:
They've got to be re painted or replaced :D
Barry

Post by Barry »

flounder wrote:Hmm, seems the girls on here love those chairs :roll:
They've got to be re painted or replaced :D
Well with being a Seagulls fan thought the pink chairs would appeal to you :wink: icon_blackeye

Thanks for the comments all;it's a bit of a curates egg at the moment(ie good in parts) but we are putting some effort in this year after a couple of 'off' years and are putting a bit of cash in as well(not going to Motogp at Silverstone has released a bit of cash);there's been two nursery visits this year(Beeches nr Saffron Walden and West Acre in Norfolk) and last week-end we went to a good plant fair at Creake Abbey again in Norfolk which is were the haul in the pic is from.

Unfortunately there has been a lot of victims to the weather over the last 2 or 3 years(2xButias,Puyas,Dicksonias and even a couple of trackys)and as we don't have a huge amount of room to overwinter stuff so we are being a bit more circumspect in what we will be growing,there will still be a definate tropical edge to the garden and have plenty of Dahlias to plant and some Cannas to order to help with this.
flounder

Post by flounder »

DAVE, mans being mean to me :(
Is that bindweed I see beneath that cruddy old palm icon_scratch :D
Barry

Post by Barry »

flounder wrote:DAVE, mans being mean to me :(
Is that bindweed I see beneath that cruddy old palm icon_scratch :D
:D
billdango

Post by billdango »

I really love your pet cat Barry?

And your garden looks great as well.

Keep up the good work.

rgds billdango icon_thumleft
pdid

Post by pdid »

Lovely combinations of different heights and textures, hopefully my border will look something
Iike in a few years icon_thumleft