A Canary Twitter

GREVILLE

A Canary Twitter

Post by GREVILLE »

As from Monday (16th) all my postings for a month or so will be done from the Canary Islands. I thought I'd include a diary/blog/twitter arrangement on this thread.

Some technical advice would be appreciated. Should I list this under Blogs?
gdudey

Re: A Canary Twitter

Post by gdudey »

I don't know the answer to your question.

But I do know that if I were in the Canary islands for a month, I'll be down the cabaret every night drinking and dancing to Black lace
:lol:
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

GREVILLE wrote:As from Monday (16th) all my postings for a month or so will be done from the Canary Islands. I thought I'd include a diary/blog/twitter arrangement on this thread.

Some technical advice would be appreciated. Should I list this under Blogs?
I'm sure your comments/blogs posts will be very entertaining. icon_salut icon_thumleft Lucky you getting some sun! Where are you staying?
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

We have a couple of apartments in Gran Canaria and usually stay when my wife' has term leave from college. She takes a lot of work with her and stockpiles it on the laptop. I can only do my posts when she isn't working :shock: (Or the boys aren't playing games on it)_
Rick1965

Post by Rick1965 »

Have a great time Gre. Take plenty of photo's for us please especially of the sun! :D
kata

Post by kata »

Yes enjoy!!

You need the sun, just don't overdo the sun. Plenty of sun cream and often.

Dull days in CI can be as strong as full sunshine so take care. I got burnt just walking around the golf course and I regretted it.

Have lots of fun Greville.

icon_cheers icon_cheers
jungle jas

Post by jungle jas »

Have an enjoyable and relaxing break, I'm sure we would enjoy your twitter. icon_thumright But I think I could find something more enjoyable to do! Like wondering round collecting seed and bringing them back to grow on,only to watch them curl up and die in the winter. :lol: That's how I spend a lot of my time when I go. icon_thumright On second thoughts better stick to your original plan. :roll: :lol: icon_thumright
otorongo

Post by otorongo »

I like to take cuttings when I'm on hols. The only problem is I can't use a knife or scissors because they don't allow sharp tools on planes (I don't usually travel with checked luggage unless it's a longer trip / out of Europe). And bringing them back in good shape can be challenging too.

There should be plenty of interesting plants in Gran Canaria :)
jungle jas

Post by jungle jas »

otorongo wrote:I like to take cuttings when I'm on hols. The only problem is I can't use a knife or scissors because they don't allow sharp tools on planes (I don't usually travel with checked luggage unless it's a longer trip / out of Europe). And bringing them back in good shape can be challenging too.

There should be plenty of interesting plants in Gran Canaria :)
Last time I went, as well as seeds I brought back two Agave Americana pups out of the apartment garden. Put them in my pocket, cant recommended it, they are very spicky. :ahhh!: On the plus side they are doing well in the garden, but I think they would prefer it a little dryer. icon_thumright
kata

Post by kata »

collecting seed and bringing them back to grow on,only to watch them curl up and die in the winter.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Yep, done that. I brought loads of cutting but alas they died during 2010 winter. The seed from the Phoenix canariensis_CIDP did sod all.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

gdudey wrote:I don't know the answer to your question.

But I do know that if I were in the Canary islands for a month, I'll be down the cabaret every night drinking and dancing to Black lace
:lol:
But not in a fit enough state to examine the essential plant life by day :lol:
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

kata wrote:Yes enjoy!!

You need the sun, just don't overdo the sun. Plenty of sun cream and often.

Dull days in CI can be as strong as full sunshine so take care. I got burnt just walking around the golf course and I regretted it.

Have lots of fun Greville.

icon_cheers icon_cheers
Thanks for the warning, Kata. Thankfully I've never burnt in my life but I might need to be extra careful this year. I've never gone in mid-summer with so little colour thanks to the rain (Not a tan - it's rust!)
Clive60

Post by Clive60 »

Like you I'll have to be careful in the sun as it'll be overhead and I haven't seen it at all this year to have any colour.
I've lost count ot the things I've brought back from Tenerife but I lost most of them anyway.
Kerinsian

Post by Kerinsian »

Hope you have a great time Greville, and looking forward to seeing the pics and reading the posts icon_thumleft
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Moved to blogs forum :wink:

Take care with the summer sun out there Greville, it is about 7 degrees off overhead now, so effectively no shadow at midday. The good thing is the sun doesn't get in your eyes unless you are laying down. :lol:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright