Finally is the Jetstream returning?

cordyman

Finally is the Jetstream returning?

Post by cordyman »

Everyone have a look at their 5 day forcast, been a while since i've seen 3 white clouds in a row! No black cloud, and no double rain drop icon_cheers

temps ok for some gardening and tea outside too icon_salut

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2643123

Could this be the holy grail and the jetstream is finally resuming its position 1000 miles north again?
carolpz

Re: Finally is the Jetstream returning?

Post by carolpz »

Just seen the forecast and the jetstream is supposedly moving north so that the south and west will be warmer and drier and the northwest is going to be next in line for lotsa the wet stuff. icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

carolpz wrote:Just seen the forecast and the jetstream is supposedly moving north so that the south and west will be warmer and drier and the northwest is going to be next in line for lotsa the wet stuff. icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers

its not a *cheers icon* the north west is getting wet stuff, that would be a icon_thumbdown icon_thumbdown icon_thumbdown
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

cordyman wrote:
carolpz wrote:Just seen the forecast and the jetstream is supposedly moving north so that the south and west will be warmer and drier and the northwest is going to be next in line for lotsa the wet stuff. icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers

its not a *cheers icon* the north west is getting wet stuff, that would be a icon_thumbdown icon_thumbdown icon_thumbdown
I think that Carol is referring to the NW of Scotland because it has been very dry up there for the last while (quite cool at times though).
Clive60

Post by Clive60 »

It would be nice to see the sun two days running and a temperature over 20c.
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

normally in summer i have to struggle to sleep on top of a bed with no covers , last night i was snuggled up in my duvea like a fat maggot because i was shivering.

conclusion = jet stream no worky
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Mr List wrote:normally in summer i have to struggle to sleep on top of a bed with no covers , last night i was snuggled up in my duvea like a fat maggot because i was shivering.

a fat maggot! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I put the heating on last night, first time ever in July I think !
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

Mmmmm icon_fish icon_fish icon_fish icon_fish icon_fish icon_fish icon_fish icon_fish
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

cordyman wrote:
Mr List wrote:normally in summer i have to struggle to sleep on top of a bed with no covers , last night i was snuggled up in my duvea like a fat maggot because i was shivering.

a fat maggot! :lol: :lol: :lol:

2003 was the last time my heating did not come on at last once during July :P
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

cordyman wrote:

Whaaaat !!!!!!! Was low of 14.2C here, been up to 25.2C today, and is 19.3C with 81% humidity now. Temps indoors 23C icon_thumright
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Tom2006 »

Heating in July....I shudder at the thought. You must hate the gas companies. icon_thumright

Its still 17.5C here at 11pm!!! Forecast for the entire of next week looks great, possibly thundery in places mid week but warm to hot. icon_thumleft
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
medjool

Post by medjool »

Even warm in Borth West Wales Today and up to 39c in Orense Northern Spain this week!
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

Tom2006 wrote:Heating in July....I shudder at the thought. You must hate the gas companies. icon_thumright

Its still 17.5C here at 11pm!!! Forecast for the entire of next week looks great, possibly thundery in places mid week but warm to hot. icon_thumleft
Scotland has many good points.

Unfortunately its climate isn't one, unless you like it cool and wet (and love spending money on heating :lol: )

I was out at 7pm and it was 14.5C. It probably hasn't dropped much as the cloud and rain has rolled in.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Adam D wrote:
Tom2006 wrote:Heating in July....I shudder at the thought. You must hate the gas companies. icon_thumright

Scotland has many good points.

Unfortunately its climate isn't one, unless you like it cool and wet (and love spending money on heating :lol: )

I was out at 7pm and it was 14.5C. It probably hasn't dropped much as the cloud and rain has rolled in.
Awesome country, cr£p weather...most of the time. When the sun shines though icon_thumleft
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

I'm praying this forcast comes true, as its the best i've seen for months

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2643123

i like the bbc further ahead feature!

sat onwards

! icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_thumleft