Resiting my Waggy

billdango

Re: Resiting my Waggy

Post by billdango »

Tell your neighbour to take a hike?

If all else fails come down to Southampton and buy the house next door to me and grow as many palms as you like with no one getting up your nose over it.

Where ever you live theres always one out there who tries to make life as hard as possible for others.

Try not to move that palm unless there is really no other choice?

rgds billdango icon_thumleft
JBALLY

Post by JBALLY »

I think your neighbour has got a real cheek, next door to me one of my neighbours have got two dilapidated old caravans in their front garden and an enormous self sown buddleia along with other accumulated rubbish and in their back garden a couple of enormous overgrown trees including a leylandi. There is nothing I can do about it other than show them up with my tidy garden, cut everything back that grows over level to the boundry fence and smile and be polite when I see them (ow and write about how unsightly their garden is on forums ). They are perfectly pleasent people and there is no point in saying anything because it only falls on deaf ears as other people have complained to them in the past. I would only be glad if they had waggies etc growing in their garden and think you neighbour is out of order complaining about something so minor he wants to try living next door to either of my neighbours, smile politely and say I dont want to kill it by trying to move it it was expensive and it is my favourite plant. As someone said it wont grow out any more only up and being in a planter should stop it getting too big anyway but at the end of the day its up to you.
kracker

Post by kracker »

i hAve a Trachycarpus in my front garden between me and the neighbour he loves it .difficult one personally i would leave it :twisted: but thats me and if he has a cat no doubt i would leave it :wink: !
flounder

Post by flounder »

So the overall height with the raised bed is 10ft? It's always difficult with neighbours and plants cause more arguments than excessive noise or unruly kids/animals. Depends how well you get on with your neighbours of course whether you get them to help you with the move and replace it with a nice big bamboo or some bedding plants!
It sounds like you've already taken the decision to move it, so as has been said already, late spring for the move, trench it now and prepare the new planting hole. Also, most important thing, strike off your neighbour from your xmas card list
jimhardy

Post by jimhardy »

Would it be easier for your neighbor to move?

I think so :wink:
kracker

Post by kracker »

jimhardy wrote:Would it be easier for your neighbor to move?

I think so :wink:
:shock: You could recommend a good estate agent :lol: :lol: :lol: icon_sunny
Simba

Post by Simba »

I wouldn't move it, even at 10ft overall height, I don't see how that can completely block out the sun.

As others have said, compare the size of your Waggie with the size and spread of a conifer or any other garden tree for that matter, and you'll see that your neighbour isn't being very realistic.. icon_thumbdown

But a photo is what this thread needs... icon_thumright
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

Yep, threaten him with a Leyland Cypress . . . 35 metres tall :lol: