Garden "ornaments"

Nick

Re: Garden "ornaments"

Post by Nick »

Sorry for being late to the party :( But where o where do you go to get these lovely ordements, I would love a snake or tow, a lizard or two and giant spiders and the odd bat, only if I knew where to go, dose anyone know of somewhere on the internet to obtain such treasures :D
kentgardener

Post by kentgardener »

MarkD wrote:Bumping up this thread again, as while browsing through garden centres last Monday, once again I came across the worst garden ornaments still on sale! :ahhh!:
Brilliant. Now I've seen it all! :lol:

John
Juliasaurus

Post by Juliasaurus »

Well at least they got Charlie Dimmock anatomically accurate!! :shock:

Nick, I'm sure you can find something at Chief Trading Post. We went there on a forum visit a couple of months ago, and they're not too far away from you. I'm pretty sure there were snakes available!
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

:lol: :lol: :lol: all displayed in the best possible taste, on a luvverly bit of astro turf :lol: :lol: :lol:

CAthy.
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

I was tidying up this afternoon, as part of autumn prep, and gathered all the lamps we laid out a few weeks ago and took a photo of them all grouped together
DSCF5308.JPG
AndyC

Post by AndyC »

MarkD wrote:I was tidying up this afternoon, as part of autumn prep, and gathered all the lamps we laid out a few weeks ago and took a photo of them all grouped together
Please don't say that again. I'm trying to ignore the fact that autumn is here and I've got to think about putting things away for the winter.

Nice collection of lamps, did you buy them all at the same time? (they all look like they come from the same source). If a collector of stamps is a philatelist, what is a collector of lamps called?
Andy
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

AndyC wrote:did you buy them all at the same time? (they all look like they come from the same source).
We did when we were in Marrakech. The designs were pretty standard in all the soukhs :)
AndyC wrote:If a collector of stamps is a philatelist, what is a collector of lamps called?
Tourists :lol:
AndyC

Post by AndyC »

:lol: Good riposte
Andy
Mick C

Post by Mick C »

I'm probably going to regret this but I've just bought a concrete crocodile on Ebay.

croc
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Not bad Mick C icon_thumleft I like it! Especially when it starts to weather. Good price for the size!
Mick C

Post by Mick C »

Glad you like it Mark, I've just got to wrestle it into the car now (sound familiar?) :D

Special thanks to Mixiepalms by the way, I found it using his link on the Ebay bargain topic below. Cheers Mick.
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

I bought a new garden 'pet' today on a craft stall in the middle of Milton Keynes shopping centre from the curiously named Nana Sue & Papa Peg
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Mick C wrote:I'm probably going to regret this but I've just bought a concrete crocodile on Ebay.

croc
I suppose it beats a wooden horse from China :) eh Owen?
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

I like it Gaz, should look the part in amoungst tropical foliage.
Frank

Post by Frank »

Gaz, you're so awful ..... For everyone else, the wooden horse dates back to UK Oasis time and entails Owen and one great scam. If Owen reads this I'm sure he'll want to ensure the story continous to thrive and he may well fill out the blanks :wink:

Shame on you Gaz