Arlon Tishmarsh wrote:
U is well hard , Kev :lol: :lol:
Oi, where did you get my school sports day photo from..... :wink:

:lol:

Was you bullied much at school Simba?
simon

Re: Anyone had any snow yet?

Post by simon »

This morning on my normal journey to work, which includes 25 miles of M25 from M4 to Leatherhead, there was about a 1 mile stretch at Staines where it had snowed. There was even snow on the carriage way between each lane. Then it stopped as abruptly as it appeared. It was definitely snow and not thick frost. Strange to have snow in such a small localised area.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

simon wrote:This morning on my normal journey to work, which includes 25 miles of M25 from M4 to Leatherhead, there was about a 1 mile stretch at Staines where it had snowed. There was even snow on the carriage way between each lane. Then it stopped as abruptly as it appeared. It was definitely snow and not thick frost. Strange to have snow in such a small localised area.
Some areas with freezing fog saw tiny snowflakes fall from the vapour within the fog giving a dusting, or it could be that a nearby power station or factory with a cooling tower/chimney could have seeded the fog with more moisture, creating snowfall this way to a localised area...
simon

Post by simon »

I think the first part is correct nathan, they mentioned something to that effect on the BBC weather. I thik it still classes as snow though. The fog didn't seem any denser in that particular area but it had already fallen when I passed through so may heve cleared. On the way home last night I came through Staines on the A roads and the snow was still there.
davidjonesUK

Post by davidjonesUK »

THE MILD WEATHER IS BACK AND LOOKS TO BE STAYING A WHILE :D :D :D :D :D :ahhh!:
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

Freezing fog is actually different to 'Ice fog'. Ice fog occurs when the air is so cold and heavy, fog develops but it is actually ice crystals instead of water vapour.. this deposits these ice crystals on the ground.. it's not technically snow but a form of precipitative hoar frost that falls from the heavy air.

Freezing fog is somewhat different, it is supercooled water vapour, which develops ice as it coats the ground. (Same as normal fog, but freezes on contact with the ground)