Where to get a good shed from?

Tom2006

Where to get a good shed from?

Post by Tom2006 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:06 pm

I am going to replace my 6' x 8' cheap B&Q shed this year. Its 7 years old and I want a much more solid one with glass in the roof or one side so I can use like a potting shed. I might reduce the size slightly to a 5x7. Has anyone ordered one online and if so from where please? thanks
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.

pdid

Re: Where to get a good shed from?

Post by pdid » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:14 pm

I bought from this seller on ebay. http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/urban-forestt ... 7675.l2559

They delivered and erected, can`t fault for the price. Delivery was £60.

jungle jas

Post by jungle jas » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:44 pm

Buy your self a new saw and build it your self. You will get just what you want for the price you want. Don't forget the box of plasters. :roll: icon_thumright
Ignorance is bliss. What I don't know, wont worry me!

Jas

Arlon Tishmarsh

Post by Arlon Tishmarsh » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:51 pm

jungle jas wrote:Buy your self a new saw and build it your self. You will get just what you want for the price you want. Don't forget the box of plasters. :roll: icon_thumright
Seconded...........
I'd never buy off the shelf. Get a load of treated timber in and build it yourself. You can build a much better, stronger shed for a fraction of the money................pop down this arvo and you can borrow my nail gun, kettles on .. :lol:

rufc15lizzie

Post by rufc15lizzie » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:52 pm

I got my potting shed from here last summer.

http://www.summergardenbuildings.co.uk/ ... 08066.html

It uses glass for the windows rather than plastic (which most other places sold) and had decent felting for the roof.

The only negative thing was the finish of the stain they painted it with was shocking, but i wasn't worried as i was painting it myself anyway.

I have been really pleased with it

pdid

Post by pdid » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:27 pm

In an ideal world I would have built my own too but after pricing up materials and time (which I don't have with work and 2 young children) the price wasn't far from what I paid.

bordersboy

Post by bordersboy » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:46 pm

Tiger sheds look good. Im thinking of altering my knackered floorless pentshed into a diy bodge potting shed,should be fun or a nightmare :ahhh!:

joolz68

Post by joolz68 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:33 pm

I got my potting shed form tiger sheds,cant fault the quality but no idea on all their sheds

cordyman

Post by cordyman » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:44 pm

got mine from here, custom specced out with no windows and security door etc

http://www.castlebuildings.co.uk/gardensheds.htm

tropicalwon

Post by tropicalwon » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:36 pm

Arlon Tishmarsh wrote:
jungle jas wrote:Buy your self a new saw and build it your self. You will get just what you want for the price you want. Don't forget the box of plasters. :roll: icon_thumright
Seconded...........
I'd never buy off the shelf. Get a load of treated timber in and build it yourself. You can build a much better, stronger shed for a fraction of the money................pop down this arvo and you can borrow my nail gun, kettles on .. :lol:
Thirded..........

Got most of mine/parts from one of these...
Skip.jpg
Skip.jpg (4.51 KiB) Viewed 623 times
Corrugated iron for roof and unseen back--Sides made from old exterior grade ply and old pallets etc etc........then it was preserved then brush wood screening applied to make it blend into the garden surroundings.....
Happy gardening,
Gray

October 2012 pics:
http://www.hardytropicals.co.uk/forum/v ... 34#p332965

Blog:
http://www.hardytropicals.co.uk/forum/v ... 35&t=18343

DIG-HOE-WEED-TRIM-PRUNE-PLANT TROPICALS!

JBALLY

Post by JBALLY » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:02 pm

If you buy a potting shed then make sure the floor is real solid wood lengths also the roof either tongue and groove or again real wood planks as this shows quality and if it is only a plywood roof and you get a leak it usually sags were real timber will not and it will last a lot longer. Also make sure if you can that the tongue and groove cladding is as thick as possible along with the inside frame work and supports, some sheds are built very lightly and are not very strong if possible have a look in person.

jungle jas

Post by jungle jas » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:31 pm

Arlon Tishmarsh wrote:
Seconded...........
Thanks but I always use screws, much quieter than all that thumping. :lol: icon_thumright
Ignorance is bliss. What I don't know, wont worry me!

Jas

Rabbie

Post by Rabbie » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:03 pm

Finished building a floorless potting shed a few weeks back 3400mm x 2400mm will get an image up at the week end. An easy 6m run of growing space, just got to get started on building the 6 meters of staging now. icon_rabbit

Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:53 am

Thanks for the great response. I would love to get out there and build my own but I just simply don't have the time with three young children. I will take on board all the advice and have a good look at the links provided. icon_thumleft
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.

flounder

Post by flounder » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:58 am

Build it yourself. You have slave labour readily available don't you? get the kids involved, make a pictorial record of their help...just don't let them near the power toys or let them play with pointy objects
my name is flounder, but you can call me.............flounder! (or Gary, just don't call me late for dinner)