Have you booked any time off work yet?

cordyman

Have you booked any time off work yet?

Post by cordyman »

Not sure if to book all my holidays last minute this year. I've got 4 weeks available and 2012 wasted 3 weeks of them stuck inside watching the rain :cry:

How does everyone else decide what weeks to have off to spend in the garden? spur of the moment or same dates each year?

Need to give 2 weeks notice for a week off, or 1 weeks notice for a day off, so i'll be watching the forcast with eagle eyes and going as last minute as I can I think. Got to be better odds than booking them all now.
Blairs

Re: Have you booked any time off work yet?

Post by Blairs »

I book holiday when the wife tells me to tbh. As I work from home I can garden with impunity at lunch and when it is quiet/where the wifi signal extends to.
otorongo

Post by otorongo »

I book my time off only for the winter months, to get the best temp/UV index/day length gain possible. The best gain in daytime length is if you go far south, e.g. southern Brazil, Argentina, etc., where the days are the longest when they're the shortest up here. I usually do my research at least 2 months ahead, then book time off and make arrangements.

In the warmer months I only use the weekends, as I don't want to waste days off when good weather can be had at little to no cost, and there would be little temp gain (and day length loss) in going to the tropics vs the Med.
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

No chance of me getting to take any lengthy periods off for the foreseeable future, need to swell the coffers a bit before I even consider what I'd do with the time.

:roll:
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

I have already taken the first week of June off for a week long trip to central Florida and the other week I have to me I take here and there whenever I find a good day or need a long weekend to get a big project done.
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

Well I don't work, so life is one long holiday for me :lol: (I wish, theres only so much J. Kyle and Loose Women anyone can watch............Joking of course :lol: ).

But we are going to the Island of Porto Santo in July................everyone scratches head icon_scratch

...and 2 weeks in Mexico (fav place on earth) in October for hubby's 60 birthday.

Plus he is taking easter off, hopefully to get garden tidied and block paving cleaned etc.
Troppoz

Post by Troppoz »

Lifes a beach Trudy! Half your luck!

Ive got a month off uni in the June/July, was going to do a block subject which would have meant that I would be studying fulltime right from February until December but the brain can only take so much! icon_aaargh So a month pottering in the garden in the dry season sunshine should recharge me nicely for the second semester icon_thumleft
karl66

Post by karl66 »

I work when were busy & stay at home when no work!, its always like this when self employed. We do make long term plan's though & mrs H likes at least 5 holiday's in advance booked :lol: , Trudy why dont you buy a broom to stick up hubby's ........ & he can clean the front & back together!! :lol: . karl.
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

karl66 wrote:I work when were busy & stay at home when no work!, its always like this when self employed. We do make long term plan's though & mrs H likes at least 5 holiday's in advance booked :lol: , Trudy why dont you buy a broom to stick up hubby's ........ & he can clean the front & back together!! :lol: . karl.

:lol: Hadn't occurred to me Karl, but now you mention it, I bought a new broom last week icon_thumright :lol:

Hey Sean June is not far off now, a month off to recharge will do you good, plenty time to potter and natter on here :D
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

I Work continental 12 hr shifts (days & nights) so i get plenty of days off work anyway.
I have 4 days off for easter and was hoping to spend some of it outside, thats probably not going to happen.

Also got 2 wks off from end of June, 1 week in Weymouth then a week in the garden.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

i have to book mine months in advance or i cant get them. got may half term off and a lot of August. icon_thumleft
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

Delboy wrote:I Work continental 12 hr shifts (days & nights) so i get plenty of days off work anyway.
I have 4 days off for easter and was hoping to spend some of it outside, thats probably not going to happen.

Also got 2 wks off from end of June, 1 week in Weymouth then a week in the garden.

can I ask what you do. those are the shifts I used to work at the mill till we switched to regular 8's
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

All booked....Cypres for me very soon....11 nights all inclusive :D
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

The Codfather wrote:All booked....Cypres for me very soon....11 nights all inclusive :D

Take plenty of money with you Cody, there ain't any left in the cash points :lol:

Just noted its all inclusive, so money for presses and trips then :D
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

miketropic wrote:
Delboy wrote:I Work continental 12 hr shifts (days & nights) so i get plenty of days off work anyway.

can I ask what you do. those are the shifts I used to work at the mill till we switched to regular 8's
I work at a printers Mike, runs 24hrs a day, 7 days a week as we print for all the major uk supermarkets.