How big is your back garden?

Neil Ziemski

Re: How big is your back garden?

Post by Neil Ziemski »

Front garden is about 7 m by 11m and back is about 18m by 11m with a long border on one side.
I think I've got a decent size to create something on a reasonable budget and timescale.
I don't long for anything bigger i came here three years ago from about third of an acre which I was finding difficult to fill and create what I wanted.
I have about 40 bamboo so here's hoping it will look full in a few years.
Are we all happy with our space?
Neil
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

I'm happy with the way my garden is heading, BUT if I'm honest it's a bit small for me.
The wife wants to move house, ive said maybe, but only for a bigger garden.
Only thing is ive grafted so much to get the garden from a tip to where I'm at now It would hurt to leave it all behind.

I have a front garden too, it's about 18' long by 21' wide but mostly block paved.
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

According the the Google map app, mine is around 75 sq m.
tropicalwon

Post by tropicalwon »

My back garden, in old money, is... 21ft x 40ft long and the front is approx. 21ft x20ft
Most of Back garden...
Most of Back garden...
Most of right front
Most of right front
Most of left front
Most of left front
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

I have no front garden. My back garden is approx. 35' x 40'
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
RogerBacardy

Post by RogerBacardy »

Not big enough is the answer! Seriously, want to move to get a bigger garden. I'm not as brilliant at DIY as someone like Arlon, but I'm good with making the most of outdoor space. Have so many ideas I want to do, I'd need an acre at least!

We're not properly searching yet, but the problem I find with house hunting is that property descriptions usually don't mention garden size, so it takes a long time to wade through the ads to find houses with big gardens.

Current garden is about 10mtrs wide and maybe 15 metres deep.

ash101uk

Post by ash101uk »

Front graden is about 20ft x 23ft, but all concrete. Back graden is 23ft by 100ft.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

http://acme.com/planimeter/

back garden 155.5 m2

which in feet I think is around 41feet by 41feet

>>>

RogerBacardy

Post by RogerBacardy »

Great link, thanks Cordyman!

Mine is 127 sqm or would have been 167 sqm were it not for the outbuilding at the end.
medjool

Post by medjool »

My Galician garden is around 300sq Meters again too small as the plant det larger,In the UK my Garden is more like a shoe box front and back!! icon_thumbdown And my garden here appears to be in Siberia!
Simba

Post by Simba »

My garden is 75m2
and my front is an awkward shaped 16m2

I used to think it was a reasonable size till I got drawn into this exotics malarkey.... :roll:

EDIT: This is an old photo...still got grass in out the back and a white BMW on the driveway... :lol:
kohwoz

Post by kohwoz »

It is not so wide but long at 45ft x 345ft.
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

kohwoz wrote:It is not so wide but long at 45ft x 345ft.
Oh what I would do for a garden that length!!
karl66

Post by karl66 »

Being snowed off from work with nothing better to do i thought i'd take precise measurments of rear garden as believe it or not i had just stepped it out roughly!!, i feel quite hard done by now :) , 31.8ft wide, this is all useable planting space x 122.5ft long although this includes all the planting holes on the patio, my rear extension is a weird shape so in place's 9/14ft has to be deducted!, still not bad from the postage stamp garden we left 20 years ago, if we ever move house i'd probably go for a wider plot although id settle for a not so long garden as i think wider plots look more prestigous. karl.
Arlon Tishmarsh

Post by Arlon Tishmarsh »

Using Cordy's online tool my garden area is approx 487m2.

I knew there was a reason for my bad back ...... :lol:
Last edited by Arlon Tishmarsh on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.