DSCF0009 (800x600).jpg
DSCF0008.JPG
DSCF0004 (800x600).jpg
DSCF0007 (800x600).jpg
DSCF0003 (800x600).jpg
DSCF0006 (800x600).jpg
DSCF0010 (800x600).jpg
DSCF0012 (800x600).jpg
decided to take a few pics this morning of the garden everything seems to be ok after winter. at last plants are starting to shoot up, and everythings coming along in the greenhouse, we just need some warm weather. :D
kata

Re: first pics of 2013

Post by kata »

A lot of plants there BB,

All is looking great!!

:mrgreen:
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

Very nice and tidy.

Your soil looks bone-dry!

Have you not thought about mulching the soil. I used to be very anti bark chips as the only ones I could find were massive, but a few years ago I found some mini ones and they look much better.
bamboo bibb

Post by bamboo bibb »

yes adam the soil does get bone dry on the surface so yes I could do with mulching it.it would save me from watering the garden as much.
tropicalwon

Post by tropicalwon »

Great looking garden BB icon_salut

Nice back-bone of palms, which look in superb condition....That goes for your glass-house plants as well.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Looks very nice already!
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

great garden! so many areas of interest and contast, the pots, stones, plant mix, very nicely done.

This is my fav bit though, look at those babies Aeoniums, so cute drunken_smilie1 I lost my only one this winter, and they look a picture of health, they look great with the terracotta pots too..

derrick

Post by derrick »

looking good very nice i also like aeoniums
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

bamboo bibb wrote:yes adam the soil does get bone dry on the surface so yes I could do with mulching it.it would save me from watering the garden as much.
It would also set your lovely plants off better as well icon_thumright
Jo A P

Post by Jo A P »

Love the greenhouse pics :mrgreen: Beautiful garden layout, love the steps. What will grow up the posts on either side.

Dry! You should see mine :(
bamboo bibb

Post by bamboo bibb »

thankyou for the nice comments, growing up and over the pagoda are clematis and I have a jasmine which grows up the side of the gazebo and hopefully it will spread over the roof this year. cordyman my baby aeoniums haven't rooted yet but when they do your welcome to one of them.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Thanks Bibb!

What do you root them in 100% gravel?
bamboo bibb

Post by bamboo bibb »

I just pot them up with half compost and grit this seems to work for me then a good layer of grit on the surface. as soon as they show they have rooted I will let you no and I will send you one.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

How old are the taller ones? do you put them out on the patio etc in summer?
JBALLY

Post by JBALLY »

Bibb how long has the brahea armata been planted out in that spot and do you protect if and if so with what and also do you leave the butia out in the pot all winter and again how do you protect it if you dont mind me asking ?