Punt or no punt Phoenix canariensis_CIDP, x2 for £29

cordyman

Punt or no punt Phoenix canariensis_CIDP, x2 for £29

Post by cordyman »

Now I know Phoenix canariensis_CIDP's are rubbish for anyone north of DaveB :lol: but worth a punt, or a clever worded, overstretched, force grown, elongated petiole con???

"Choose from the following options for giant phoenix canariensis patio palm trees, distributed by Gardening Express:"

If it looked like the pic i'd prob be pretty happy i guess,

http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/national ... 121&a=1664

me thinks "1243 Bought" are going to be in for a surprise when they pop it though next Spring :shock:
Addictedtopalms26

Re: Punt or no punt Phoenix canariensis_CIDP, x2 for £29

Post by Addictedtopalms26 »

I've brought 4!! lol hope they're the size of the picture. icon_thumleft
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Decent summer bedding at that price I'd say ;)
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

It says they are 150 cm tall, probably including the pot, you could probably get similar sized ones at B&Q or Homebase for that price...
flounder

Post by flounder »

I picked up two at 3ft each last year for a fiver each......but you really have to shop around. Personally I feel they are overpriced for bedding plants, I am very cautious with spending money so that could effect my judgement :wink:
edit
Ah just seen it's for two, thats ok then icon_thumleft
ianmck

Post by ianmck »

Anyone got one of those b and m stores near them. My local ones has 5 trunked Phoenix canariensis_CIDP :lol: In really its 5 plants all trimmed down except for the very top greenery. And crammed in a tiny pot. In saying that it was only a tenner, and they had proper decent looked Phoenix canariensis_CIDP, ok size and healthy for 8 pounds.
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

I bought 2 of these 3 years ago and they have overwintered in my unheated greenhouse no bother, they are in pots.
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

Mine is in its 3rd year now. This winter is was outside in a tub with a fleece bag over it and came thru unmarked.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Gardening express are bandits....placed an order with them for some bamboo and they sent a ten litre bamboo pot with one culm!...also got a few other plants which were dying or damaged. They refused to do anything, i even went through trading standards wiyhout any success. Hopefully you will have a better experience.
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
Javeo

Post by Javeo »

I ordered a callistemon and T.fortunei from them and both were decent plants for a good price. Took a week from despatch to arrive though.