static tree fern fronds?

kite567

Re: static tree fern fronds?

Post by kite567 »

Mine was stalling like everyone else's until I poured warm water into the crown a couple of days ago.

This seemed to get it going or perhaps it was going to move anyway.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

I'd reccomend everyone water everynight at the moment, for a good few minutes icon_thumleft
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

It takes over 1hour just to water the Tree ferns.
kata

Post by kata »

That must be because you have a lot Rob,

I water mine with three jugs a day in the crown, thats beside a water bulb to the roots. Its coming but its slow.

Rob, whats the red in the image?

icon_cheers
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

kata wrote:That must be because you have a lot Rob,

I water mine with three jugs a day in the crown, thats beside a water bulb to the roots. Its coming but its slow.

Rob, whats the red in the image?

icon_cheers
It's one of the dripper pipes, but I normally jut water with the hose pipe.
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

Some of the croziers have moved 2inch over the last two days.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Yes, mine are on the move again. Nothing major but on the move. Looking at the weeks forecast I hope they hold on until next weekend as it looks very windy mid-week.
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

Some rain would be good to get the Dicksonia antarctica going but I think most of the Dicksonia antarctica will not be above the crown until next week.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

cordyman wrote:I think the heat starts them off, not sure what temp but mine are moving again after two warm afternoon's. All the other knuckles are stirring now too

Mine have visably moved today, yesterday above

today

definetely adore being basked in sun all day icon_sunny icon_sunny icon_sunny
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

Some of the croziers look deformed in one of my old Dicksonia antarctica just because of how many croziers it has produced, definatley more than last year.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

fern Rob wrote:Some of the croziers look deformed in one of my old Dicksonia antarctica just because of how many croziers it has produced, definatley more than last year.
One of mine is packed (produces 25+ fronds per flush) and it is struggling to actually push them all out I think :evil:
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

It might be down to how dry the ground is.. if you haven't soaked them every day they might have stalled.
Andy P

Post by Andy P »

Mine are all the same - Seem to be refusing to get going. Maybe Stephens right and we need to soak them more.? I know the ground where i live in very dry. It`s hardly rained here for weeks. I have been watering them but maybe not enough. My bamboos are pretty much the same and i know that they rely on copious amounts of water to really thrive.
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Mine are all on the move now, I have started watering 2 or 3 times a day either by jugs of warm water or with the hosepipe. I gave them a real good soaking this evening after today's baking heat.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

I water the "pot" in the Crown until the water is overflowing down the side of the trunk and keep it there till the entire trunk is sodden, then water the trunk directly with hose.. give the fronds a spray, and finally water the ground till there is a small puddle around the base. Do this every night, and have done since unwrapping. there's been one decent rainfall in months, so ground is dusty dry.