What bulk fertiliser for tender big leaf growers?

Dim

Re: What bulk fertiliser for tender big leaf growers?

Post by Dim »

Vagetarian wrote: Unless you have a good source I'd say it's very wishful thinking to think you can control whether you brew fungi or bacteria. You can pretty much absolutely guarantee that fungus is present in the compost, unless you're in a lab there are spores everywhere. You will be breeding them with or without hyphae, hyphae are like roots but not all fungi have them, some are unicellular (yeast).

Yes, you cannot grow mycorrhizae without live roots but presumably the spores are about.

I have a Soviet lab grade microscope which goes to about 2000X but I'm too lazy for oil immersion so my limit is 450x :lol:
some guys have mastered the brewing so as to brew either fungal dominant or bacterial dominant teas .... here's a link:
http://www.compostjunkie.com/compost-tea-recipe.html

I have also learned/understand, that if the tea brews for a longer period, it becomes a bacterial dominant tea, irrespective if you use a fungal dominant compost .... I may be wrong though

I brew for 24 hrs at 20 degrees C and use a mixture of worm humis and forest topsoil as my composts ... I dont have a clue if it's fungal or bacterial dominant, but it somehow works ok on everything that I use it on ... if I had to guess, I think it's fungal dominant

I am making my own compsost (I have 3 bins so far, 2 are full and am busy filling the 3rd) ... I will also add a bit of that when it's ready