Chelsea Flower Show

fern Rob

Re: Chelsea Flower Show

Post by fern Rob »

Did anyone notice all the C Medullaris in the interview background.
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

GoggleboxUK wrote:Which channel is it on? I can't find it on iPlayer?
12 hours of coverage this week, apprently

Way to much ... loads of wibble ... trouble is it is very hard to fast forward it as it is punctuated with nuggets.
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

I tend to watch it on my PC through iPlayer so I can do other stuff while they are waffling on about the evolution of earthworms or the latest research in kneeling techniques.

If anything 'nuggetty' comes on I just rewind and bit after flicking it back up.

I was just having a quick browse through the website and couldn't see anything on Diarmid Gavin having a garden this year. Is he giving it a miss?
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

GoggleboxUK wrote:I was just having a quick browse through the website and couldn't see anything on Diarmid Gavin having a garden this year. Is he giving it a miss?
I was looking out on last night's broadcast to see if he had something completely bonkers! which I'm sure would have been fun to see, and had the establishment cringing!
kata

Post by kata »

I was Interested in Chris Beardshaw's garden for Arthritis UK. He never looks like he has Arthritis and stopped being a guninea pig for doctors years ago.

A lovely garden!
trouble is it is very hard to fast forward.
Record it then you can Kristen.......... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by kata on Mon May 20, 2013 7:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Kristen wrote:
GoggleboxUK wrote:I was just having a quick browse through the website and couldn't see anything on Diarmid Gavin having a garden this year. Is he giving it a miss?
I was looking out on last night's broadcast to see if he had something completely bonkers! which I'm sure would have been fun to see, and had the establishment cringing!

Not doing Chelsea this year,Hampton court instead I think.

Agree with those who say it's too much coverage,last nights was fast forwarded quite a lot although liked the fleeting glimpse of the Aussie garden and Chris Beardshaws(no fast forwrding him by the better half :roll: )had some big Echiums on his.The trouble with the coverage is that they seem to concentrate on certain gardens so don't get to see most of it(noticed this when we went for a few years)and the floral pavillion coverage seems to concentrate on stuff like Roses(although that does usually mean Rachel is on :D ),clematis and Auericulas.And don't know why they have to have so many presenters(Christine Walkden and that blonde bird =face palm) and the dumbed down day-time slot is terrible,but then maybe I've just become a garden snob :roll: I even think that love your garden is crappe and huge waste of Titchy*'s time and know-how.

*Was it me or was he as fawning to that Ulf Nordfjell as he is when interviewing any Royal?

Sorry this is turning into a Monday morning rant so I'll get back in me box.
kata

Post by kata »

I also wondered why that blonde was on, she does 'Escape to the Country' programe, Its a bit like singer Kim Wilde doing gardens, too ludicrious for words.
no fast forwrding him by the better half :roll: )
Well Chris is rather delectable Barry..... :lol: :lol:
had some big Echiums on his.
Yea, wer'nt they just so amazing.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

fern Rob wrote:Did anyone notice all the C Medullaris in the interview background.
YES :D ....I want that nursery!

I know some parts of Chelsea can be annoying, but I think any coverage of gardens/gardening can only be a good thing. I love all of it. The only bit I fast forwarded was "the blonde" in the 100 year garden, not my cup of tea at all. I suppose we have to remember that ones persons cup of tea, is another persons toilet break! :lol:

What is with all the Beardshaw love about?....I find him very patronising, but then again, I guess the ladies are bothered about what he says? :lol:
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

I prefer interviews with the plants themselves.

Looking forward to Alan Titchmarsh having an exclusive interview with Crepidiastrixeris denticulatoplatyphylla. :lol:
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

kata wrote:I also wondered why that blonde was on, she does 'Escape to the Country' programe
Wasn't she in the very first series of Pop Idol? Or have I got her mixed up with some other Nikki?
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Thanks Barry, that's a shame but I guess it makes room for others to step into the crazy shoe.
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

Kristen wrote:
kata wrote:I also wondered why that blonde was on, she does 'Escape to the Country' programe
Wasn't she in the very first series of Pop Idol? Or have I got her mixed up with some other Nikki?
Nikki Chapman, yes she judged Pop Idol, what she knows about horticulture could be written on the back of a stamp :roll:

However Kim Wilde is well qualified, she has studied Horticulture at College, written books about garden design, won awards for her gardens designs and also hosted a number of gardening programmes. I'd say she is well qualified and I'd rather have her than Nikki commenting on the gardens.
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Off topic but anyone remember the series of garden invaders presented by Linford Christie? How did he get that job?

Back to Chelsea, agree too much coverage takes me a month at least to watch it all.
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

On the coverage issue I suppose the BBC's target audience is daytime tv standards like pensioners and hospital in-patients who have all the spare time they need.

As for the rest of us with busy lives, we just have to fit it in whenever we can.
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Are they still doing the daily flower arranging feature this year?