Chelsea Flower Show

conrad

Re: Chelsea Flower Show

Post by conrad »

Tom2006 wrote:
Kristen wrote:The time of the Chelsea Chop too, but none of my herbaceous are tall enough to do that to, yet.
Thought that myself! Also, it looks likely that frosts will last during and possibly past Chelsea!
I went for the Hampton Court Hack Back last summer, looks like it'll be the same this year. :lol:
parkysparky

Post by parkysparky »

Well done to Phillip Johnson for Flemings garden, really inspiring and exotic with a modern twist. Hope in the future I win the lottery and find a garden to create such an amazing theme. Gotta love Chelsea for firing the imagination :)
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

They featured Krug Farm stand at lunchtime, which bagged a Gold award. I didn't see anything exotic on it but only caught the tail end .

Did anyone see the Australian garden? that also got a gold award, but one thing that really stood out for me was the Dicksonia antarctica planted at an angle leaning out over the water. The fronds were horizontal so have grown while it was leaning. :wink:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by fern Rob »

The Xanthoroheas where great plants .
parkysparky

Post by parkysparky »

The austrailian garden was by Flemings, great use of tree ferns
jezza

Post by jezza »

I watch it to catch glimpses of rachel de thame....pwhoor :oops:
kata

Post by kata »

For 100 years Gnomes were banned from Chelea Flower Show but they have finally been invited to the Centenary at Chelsea... :lol: :lol: :lol: Its all for charity though.

What a hoot. :DD
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

kata wrote:For 100 years Gnomes were banned from Chelea Flower Show but they have finally been invited to the Centenary at Chelsea... :lol: :lol: :lol: Its all for charity though.

What a hoot. :DD
icon_aaargh I hate gnomes :lol:

The Australia garden was quite something, really captured the feel of the place. However the guy who designed it's garden..... WOW did you see his garden? How lucky is he to have a garden and views like that, extraordinary.

Juxtaposition was also a brilliant design by a very young gardener, tropical and hot one side, dry and arid the other, small but perfect little garden.
kata

Post by kata »

I hate gnomes
I don't Trud, as long as they don't come alive in a garden like the advert.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't have any BTW.

icon_cheers
tropicalwon

Post by tropicalwon »

Yep, the young guys garden was superb....a lot of exotic plants in a very small space, simple but very effective.
call

Post by call »

Did you see the one from that 20 year old with the tropical garden one side and the desert bit the other side, loved it :mrgreen:
The bits about the cacti and orchids where good along with the aussie garden, the kirstenbosch garden, the trinidad & tobago garden and the carnivorous stands. Plus james wong and tom hurst dyke to great exotic gardeners as the hosts (although you still have titchy and the rest :roll:)
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

Trudytropics wrote:I hate gnomes
I'm not fan of them, nor Laurence Llewelyn Bowen, but I though his Gnome was magnificent.

Not sure it shows it off to best but here's the only photo Google offered me:

P.S. I think the Pink one to the right was Elton John's
Last edited by Kristen on Tue May 21, 2013 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy P

Post by Andy P »

I`ve never really understood why anyone would buy and display those horrible and farcical gnomes i their gardens. Even if they are painted as nicely as that one.
greendragon

Post by greendragon »

The only thing worse than the gnomes is the token Buddha statue. All the presenters of this Chelsea show seem very supercilious and fake. Montydon and Alan are the only ones I can stand and that's providing there are no royals around for them to bow down to.
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

greendragon wrote:The only thing worse than the gnomes is the token Buddha statue..
:oops: No hope for me then, as I have a number of them in the house and garden. Whilst I think gnomes are ghastly, Buddha for me symbolises beauty and tranquility. I actually feel a sense of calm having them in my garden, it feels a very zen space. :D