New buy

gabriel

New buy

Post by gabriel »

Yesterday I have visited Palm Centre in Richmond and spotted this lovely brahea.Could not resist, I have discussed this matter with Toby and bagged myslef a bargain. 4Ocm of trunk for 100 qiud would be rude not to take it. Pics taken this morning from the phone:). I was in the rush so Could not take pictures in the nursery but they have a lot of nice stock. I have managed to snap this lovely Jubeas though;)
Attachments
Kingston%20upon%20Thames-20130531-00388.jpg
Kingston%20upon%20Thames-20130531-00387.jpg
20 year old jubeas
20 year old jubeas
paulrm71

Re: New buy

Post by paulrm71 »

Nice buy Gabriel, I bought one of the smaller 70 quid ones last year. Mine sailed through this winter unprotected apart from the snow when I threw an old curtain over it.
gabriel

Post by gabriel »

Thanks I've got a nice spot for it Paul:)Toby wanted 240 pounds for it to begin with but negotiated a wee of a discount:)
RogerBacardy

Post by RogerBacardy »

£240--> £100, blimey! What are you, some kind of Turkish textiles trader?

Bargain of the year! icon_thumleft
gabriel

Post by gabriel »

RogerBacardy wrote:£240--> £100, blimey! What are you, some kind of Turkish textiles trader?

Bargain of the year! icon_thumleft
Hehe I don't think Toby was too happy with the price Roger, but hey It will go to a good home;)
kata

Post by kata »

I love your bargain Gabriel!

:lol: :lol: @ Roger.. :lol:
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

I'm on the hunt for a new house, can i get you round for the haggle!?.......what a palm for the price!
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Good deal! How much for those jubaeas, they look the same size a mine.
gabriel

Post by gabriel »

I didn't ask Kris, they just came in.
karl66

Post by karl66 »

That look's a great price for the size!, I had two of them & have recently sold the last one as it was getting to big to maul about, plus I knew it wouldn't survive planted out in my area. You have to be careful with these as they can look good for a few year's then just kick the bucket!!, that's why I've transferred over to cerifica now. karl.
gabriel

Post by gabriel »

karl66 wrote:That look's a great price for the size!, I had two of them & have recently sold the last one as it was getting to big to maul about, plus I knew it wouldn't survive planted out in my area. You have to be careful with these as they can look good for a few year's then just kick the bucket!!, that's why I've transferred over to cerifica now. karl.
Thanks Karl I will give it a lot of TLC
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

Great buy.
gabriel

Post by gabriel »

I would like to plant my brahea shortly.

I wanted to plant it in a slightly raised bed backfilling with 10mm pea gravel but I am worried I may create a sump.
Is it a good idea? or how can I improve the drainage?

Thanks

Gabriel
kata

Post by kata »

I leave that to the experts Gabriel,
I'm on the hunt for a new house, can i get you round for the haggle!?.......what a palm for the price!
Is'nt Tom just a sweetie........ :lol:
gabriel

Post by gabriel »

kata wrote:I leave that to the experts Gabriel,
Is'nt Tom just a sweetie........ :lol:
No problem Tom:) often I am invited to help my friends.