Nursery Recommendation

zaakk

Nursery Recommendation

Post by zaakk »

Hi All

Some will probably know of this but I took a drive out to spend some of my birthday money today and visited here http://www.countyparknursery.co.uk/

The owner is 3rd generation trying to maintain the nursery originally set up by his grandfather who passed away a couple of years ago. A lot of the plants there are direct descendants of ones gathered on plant hunting expeditions and there are also a number of home grown hybrids there.

It is set in what would appear to be a large back garden of a house in Hornchurch, Essex and is a veritable treasure trove of unusual off the wall plants with an emphasis on New Zealand and Australia. I picked up a Senecio Bellidioides, Entelea Arbourescens and a hitherto unknown Bromeliad.

It is by appointment only but the guy who runs it is enthusiastic, knowledgable and polite. And at the moment is working another job to keep things going.

It is a bit rough around the edges but I was impressed enough that I have offered to help out when I can to help with some of the basics. If you are in sunny Essex give him a call and pay a visit, someone like this is worthy of support.

Edit: The Bromeliad is Billbergia Nutans