Concentrated Farmyard Manure with added seaweed

Dim

Concentrated Farmyard Manure with added seaweed

Post by Dim »

something new (to me) that sounds good? .....

•100% Organic Natural Concentrated Farmyard Manure with added seaweed extract

a 22kg bag only costs £22.95 ... not sure what the NPK is though

http://www.marshalls-seeds.co.uk/organi ... d5363.html

snip:

Our exclusive super-concentrated fertiliser is light and easy to use. It contains essential trace elements and minerals to boost healthy growth and encourage bumper crops. Its organic fertiliser is released to plants over a long period and because it is concentrated you only need a couple of handfuls per sq. yd. Unlike fresh manure or chemical fertilisers, it won’t scorch plants so you can use it everywhere.

1 x 44ltr sack covers 540 sq. yds!

Benefits of Organic Extra:

•100% Organic Natural Concentrated Farmyard Manure with added seaweed extract.
•Super-Concentrated & Lightweight dry formula - mess-free!
•Contains essential trace elements and minerals to boost crops and healthy growth.
•Perfect for the vegetable plot and garden.
•Because it's a lightweight, dry formula, it's light and easy to work with.
•Versatile - can be soaked in water to create a nutritious liquid feed.
•Releases nutrients to your plants over a long period.
•It's super-concentrated so only requires a couple of handfuls per square yard.
•Unlike fresh manure or chemical fertilisers, it won't scorch or damage your plants.
•Perfect for use with all fruit, vegetables and ornamentals to promote a bumper crop and maximum flowering.
Delivered direct to your door, saving you the hassle of lugging it home! Despatched within 7 - 10 days.

How to use:

•Mix into the soil surface before sowing and planting vegetable crops to aid moisture retention and rapid growth.
•Add to water to make a liquid feed.
•Incorporate into the root zone before planting soft fruit and use as a top dressing for fruit.
•Incorporate during winter digging to add organic matter
Tom2006

Re: Concentrated Farmyard Manure with added seaweed

Post by Tom2006 »

Looks good. Heligan use seaweed so would be worth a go.
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
Vagetarian

Post by Vagetarian »

I would want to know what sort of NPK it has before I bought that because it would have to be at least 4x more concentrated to make it financially viable. Then I guess it would be a toss up between the convenience of the lower bulk of the concentrated manure vs the larger quantities of organic matter in the standard manure.

If anyone is interested because of the convenient seaweed application, check this out: http://pinetumproducts.co.uk/index.php? ... =5&group=4
Dim

Post by Dim »

Vagetarian wrote:I would want to know what sort of NPK it has before I bought that because it would have to be at least 4x more concentrated to make it financially viable. Then I guess it would be a toss up between the convenience of the lower bulk of the concentrated manure vs the larger quantities of organic matter in the standard manure.

If anyone is interested because of the convenient seaweed application, check this out: http://pinetumproducts.co.uk/index.php? ... =5&group=4
I have not bought any yet .... it could be chicken manure with seaweed?.... I want to see the stuff before I buy, or find out more

but saying that, it could be a good lawn fertilizer for cheap (if the NPK is decent)