Not The Norm At B&Q

JBALLY

Not The Norm At B&Q

Post by JBALLY »

I went to my local B & Q the other day to pick up a couple of bits including a impulse purchase of a 125ltr bag of multipurpose compost (the quality is definitely better this year) which was only three quid because of a tiny rip in the top of the bag but back on topic they had a few more adventurous plants than usual. There were the normal plain green chamaerops and trachycarpus and of course phoenix c but along with them they had a few chamaerops cerifera about 2 feet tall priced at £40 which is expensive for the size but good to see them stock them. But even more surprising were a couple of dasylirion serratifolium about 3 feet tall (90cm) also at £40 which was not too expensive in my opinion as they were nice plants and I almost bought one but just not enough of a bargain, a longissimum or wheeleri would have been a different story. They also had quite a good selection of potted dicksonia antartica complete with fronds ranging from 12-18 inch for £40, 24-28 inch for I believe £70 and a couple of 36-40 inch ones £90 which certainly are not bargains but if they do not sell quickly or die from neglect may be reduced later. I could not take any photos sadly because I had left my iphone at home. The good news is this is a better selection than this store has had in the past so I hope it continues and they stock even more less common exotics in the future and they reduce their prices and have more sales (buy 2 get 3) lol as it can only be a good thing?
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Re: Not The Norm At B&Q

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

That is good news. Never seen a Dasy in a DIY store before. icon_cheers
Wilza

Post by Wilza »

I've not seen chamaerops cerifera at my local B&Q , you'd like to hope they don't get bought, then get reduced later in the year. icon_thumright
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Get some pics!!! icon_salut icon_salut icon_salut

nothing in mine last weekend of interest.
kata

Post by kata »

Thanks JB, one of these days I will visit B&Q.

icon_cheers