3 Shades Greener ....

Dim

3 Shades Greener ....

Post by Dim »

My chilli plants, dwarf french beans and basil were looking a 'bit pale' 2 days ago ....

so, I added some Rootgrow Rootfood into my watering buckets as I did not want to add nitrogen .... (I have leafy veg such as spinach/rocket, chard etc, which I'm busy picking, and from what I understand, if you add nitrogen, it stores it in the leaves, which is not good if you consume it soon after fertilizing)

the rootgrow Rootfood that I used is not the mycorrhizal fungi type , or a fertilizer, ... it's humic and fulvic acids and is a soil conditioner

its small black crystals, and you add a bit to a watering can .... fill with water and let it stand for a few hrs until the crystals disolve (you have to mix it a few times with a stick as it takes long to disolve) ..... it turns the water black, and when watering plants, you have to be carefull, as it stains the leaves (but does not damage them)

I normally add a tiny bit to my compost tea, but last night, I only watered with this at the full dosage

anyway, I applied it last night, and tonight, all my veg is 3-4 shades darker green and looking very lush .... even my tomato plants are (very) dark green ....

there is no nitrogen in the rootgrow, so it's interesting to see what happens in the longer term ....

so I've either ruined all my veg, or they will grow like crazy? :shock:

this is the stuff: