My £10 Chammy

tropical Tom

My £10 Chammy

Post by tropical Tom »

Just thought I'd share with you a pic of my bargain (i think) £10 chammy (at least i think it's a chammy)!
I bought it off someone who was listing it as a Trachycarpus, when i viewed it and put him straight on the difference he said I could have it for a tenner :D
It was in a 30ltr pot and I've just repotted it into the 60cm pot in the pic. I've cut a few brown tips off it but there is lots of new growth and about a dozen flower spikes! I measures 1.7m inc the pot.
SDC10126-001.JPG
SDC10126-001.JPG (93.72 KiB) Viewed 988 times
Any ideas what it would fetch in a garden centre?

Keith :D
jezza

Re: My £10 Chammy

Post by jezza »

I've got one of those pots too! icon_cheers :lol:

Yep, a chammy. Good price for that size. Don't know what they are selling for in garden centres as i haven't been to one for a while that sells them.
flounder

Post by flounder »

Yep, chammy and yep, very good bargain!
A garden centre would get you to part with an arm and a leg whereas one of the sheds would be just a leg
kata

Post by kata »

Wowcher, thats a bargain... :lol: :lol:

Excellent Tom!

icon_sunny
cheshirepalms
Location: Ellesmere Port, Mersey estuary, Cheshire 53.2N 2.8W

Post by cheshirepalms »

Don't know whether its the light but it looks like a chamaerops cerifera to me, in which case a real good bargain!
pdid

Post by pdid »

I agree on the cerifera, excellent for a tenner. Probs £60-£80 in a garden centre. It's difficult to get the overall size without a comparison bottle of wine or can of coke etc.
tropical Tom

Post by tropical Tom »

SDC10127.JPG
SDC10127.JPG (82.76 KiB) Viewed 941 times
pdid wrote:I agree on the cerifera, excellent for a tenner. Probs £60-£80 in a garden centre. It's difficult to get the overall size without a comparison bottle of wine or can of coke etc.
How very dare I forget the wine bottle :oops: Here it is :D
karl66

Post by karl66 »

Nice buy keith, sorry to spoil your party but's it's 100% not cerifica although £40/50 all day long. karl.
multim

Post by multim »

It's a bargain, Probably C. Humilis. That size as seen today, average price £49.99.
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

A great buy, really cheap.
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

bargain Tom,i would expect to see a 60quid minimum tag on that,depending where you are running to well over 100. def not a Cerifera though icon_thumleft icon_thumleft
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure