Fatsia 'Kingston Bus Station'.

call

Re: Fatsia 'Kingston Bus Station'.

Post by call »

Got them and an annelsie already
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

now how is it I am in the US and I got a edward needham from the UK but your local and don't have one...very interesteing..still tracking down an annelise though..at least one that is shipping size. I'll go ahead and put this one on the list as well.
musabasjoos

Post by musabasjoos »

I thought i would see if this was true, so i mailed Architectural Plants and got this reply...
Many thanks for your enquiry, I'm afraid there's been a bit of a mix up! We have never grown Kingston Bus Station Fatsia, only Japonica. In fact that form doesn't actually exist at all!
It looks like someones on a bit of a wind up!
Blairs

Post by Blairs »

musabasjoos wrote:I thought i would see if this was true, so i mailed Architectural Plants and got this reply...
Many thanks for your enquiry, I'm afraid there's been a bit of a mix up! We have never grown Kingston Bus Station Fatsia, only Japonica. In fact that form doesn't actually exist at all!
It looks like someones on a bit of a wind up!
I emailed them too and got same response. Great minds! I wonder if the Telegraph meant Mosrei? That fits the description.
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Typical journalism if you ask me, you can't believe a thing they say.

I'd be surprised if there's even a Fatsia at that location.

:lol:
call

Post by call »

miketropic wrote:now how is it I am in the US and I got a edward needham from the UK but your local and don't have one...very interesteing..still tracking down an annelise though..at least one that is shipping size. I'll go ahead and put this one on the list as well.
the only place that I could find that does edward needhams form is crug farm and they are expensive and especially as I am still getting the larger plants for the garden
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

call wrote:the only place that I could find that does edward needhams form is crug farm and they are expensive and especially as I am still getting the larger plants for the garden
I bought mine off "2001maizy" on eBay - its some side-door outlet for a nursery in the West country. Mine was a 2L plant for £20 - but she lists 9cm plants from time to time at similar money :(

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/2001maizy?_tr ... 7675.l2559

There was some chatter in this thread:
http://www.hardytropicals.co.uk/forum/v ... 26&t=20355
call

Post by call »

Kristen wrote:
call wrote:the only place that I could find that does edward needhams form is crug farm and they are expensive and especially as I am still getting the larger plants for the garden
I bought mine off "2001maizy" on eBay - its some side-door outlet for a nursery in the West country. Mine was a 2L plant for £20 - but she lists 9cm plants from time to time at similar money :(

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/2001maizy?_tr ... 7675.l2559

There was some chatter in this thread:
http://www.hardytropicals.co.uk/forum/v ... 26&t=20355
thanks icon_thumleft
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Received this email

"Dear Kristofer

Let me know if you want any other plant information

Kind regards

Sophie"
flounder

Post by flounder »

So, Kingston doesn't have a bus station. Where do people get off then? icon_scratch
If it's the stop before, fatsia long way to walk :D
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

flounder wrote:So, Kingston doesn't have a bus station. Where do people get off then? icon_scratch
If it's the stop before, fatsia long way to walk :D
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

The worst name for a plant. Ever.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

So does anyone sell it? Is it real?
Blairs

Post by Blairs »

Yorkshire Kris wrote:So does anyone sell it? Is it real?
The Telegraph article looks like a rehash of an older Fatsia article on the same website - I remember reading about her story of the Fatsia on the stairwell. There is no such cultivator as Kingston bus station, just a mistake online.
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

talk about happy..another one I don't have to get sent over :lol: