Fatsia 'Kingston Bus Station'.

MikeC

Re: Fatsia 'Kingston Bus Station'.

Post by MikeC »

I've got a Fatsia 'Swindon Municipal SewageTreatment Works' in the garden if anyone wants it?

:lol:
flounder

Post by flounder »

MikeC wrote:I've got a Fatsia 'Swindon Municipal SewageTreatment Works' in the garden if anyone wants it?

:lol:
Is that the one with the brown variegated leaves and the tamponesque flowers?
call

Post by call »

wow I've got a ramsgate hovis factory maybe we can swap :lol:
Chad

Post by Chad »

call wrote: The only place that I could find that does Edward Needham's form is Crug Farm and they are expensive and especially as I am still getting the larger plants for the garden
Crug don’t do Edward's form, they do a ‘cut leaved form’ BSWJ12499 that they described after people kept asking for Edward’s one! The Crug ones seem quite variable where as Edward’s seems quite stable even though seed raised. They don’t look quite the same. Edward had an amazing knack for not bringing back much, but always bringing back the best!

Edward’s original plant gave seed which was shared around Cornwall. Rob Senior’s plant sets good seed and he then sells trays of seedlings which is where most commercial stock comes from. Steve at Lower Kenneggy has plants that set seed too, but I think his current stock is via Rob.

Last year Rob’s trays of seedlings were all bought [at Tremenheere] by Desert to Jungle, so if they ever list F.polycarpa it will be Edward’s form.

The e-bay source listed above is from Lower Kennegy I think. The owner Steve doesn't have a computer so it is one of the staff who runs the e-bay bit 'on the side'.

Chad.
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

mine came from the ebay seller and is doing well for its long journey..are you saying it is the true edard form
Chad

Post by Chad »

miketropic wrote:mine came from the ebay seller and is doing well for its long journey..are you saying it is the true Edward Needham form?
Yes, both by provenance and by the look of the picture on the e-bay site.

Chad.

ps. Paul Bonavia also lists it.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

I have a Fatsia "Fracking Needs Banning" edition edition in the hothouse for sale £9.99
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

Chad wrote:
miketropic wrote:mine came from the ebay seller and is doing well for its long journey..are you saying it is the true Edward Needham form?
Yes, both by provenance and by the look of the picture on the e-bay site.

Chad.

ps. Paul Bonavia also lists it.

that ebay seller was the only one willing to ship to the states..glad its a true form