dabbling in decorations

Mr List

dabbling in decorations

Post by Mr List »

since my garden is full with plants I have started getting into buying decorations.
I am aiming for a south American theme/vibe/feel
mostly stuff picked up in charity shops for the odd quid or two.

also started making some of my own

Rick1965

Re: dabbling in decorations

Post by Rick1965 »

Looks good Mr L and gives points of further interest.
waggy1

Post by waggy1 »

They all look right good. I just got this for a couple of pound, but not as colourful as you feathered mask. Also bought three handcrafted bongo's for the odd jamming session around the jungle fire.
Attachments
image.jpg
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

I like the enormous butterfly ornament on the chimney.

;)
flounder

Post by flounder »

Picture 5, I give up? icon_scratch
flounder

Post by flounder »

GoggleboxUK wrote:I like the enormous butterfly ornament on the chimney.

;)
very clever :lol:
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

You know what im gonna say Mr L because i love garden decorations, love the fish and the frog and lizard, your colourfull mask is good too. I think if we dont have many flowers for colour, decorations will do :D I think a couple of mirrors will be good in your garden as well...
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

P.S. when i declutter in the house we take stuff to the PDSA shop and i buy stuff for the garden for a couple of quid, hub just rols his eyes :D
Blairs

Post by Blairs »

Am not sure TBH. Well placed ornaments look great and less is certainly more. Too many and it can look like an explosion in pound world.
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

Deedee wrote:You know what im gonna say Mr L because i love garden decorations, love the fish and the frog and lizard, your colourfull mask is good too. I think if we dont have many flowers for colour, decorations will do :D I think a couple of mirrors will be good in your garden as well...
I never thought mirrors would work in my garden because there isn't a good way to disguise them, well unless you have some good ideas for me?

anybody else got any home made or not actual garden ornaments, garden ornaments to show pics of?

ps

johnny (one of our cats) has wrecked the peacock feathers on the mask already. :roll: :lol:
at least he was having fun :)
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooove

the fish
sun on door
sun pot

and the home made mask

Fish is particularly quirky. icon_thumleft
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

The plants disguise them Mr L. I actually hung this mirror after the clematis grew (very gently) and only snapped one small piece off.
Try a mirror from inside the house, walk around the garden with it and see where or if a mirror would look good, then go mirror shopping at secondhand shops/online etc..

This looks amazing when the lights are on at night..

Im looking for mirrors similar to these for under my pergola.. I have a plan :D

Love this..

Hub framed this one, there's concrete slabs under it and there was too much bare fence so i wanted a mirror here..

on the right..

close up..

Mr List

Post by Mr List »

do you have them in places where you can never see yourself in them or do you get reflections of yourself?
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

I get reflections of myself when passing Mr L..
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

I don't think that would produce a good effect