Devastating fire at Mark and Gaz's

simon

Re: Devastating fire at Mark and Gaz's

Post by simon »

It is terrible news. It is awful to see something destroyed that has had so much hard work and dedication put into it. I'm sure with a combination of natural regrowth and replanting it will look amazing again in no time.

Mark and Gaz are such a nice couple and very generous, with plants and advice. I have several plants in my garden that thay have passed on to me at various meets.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Real sorry to see this, can't imagine losing a prized collection to someone elses carelessness.

One thing that is unprecedented in the UK though, will be seeing what comes back, when was the last time a tropical garden was burnt down? We know our collections detest the cold, but super fire heat, which is part of nature, well I reckon a lot will come back fine icon_scratch
DiCasS

Post by DiCasS »

Terrible news Gaz and Mark :( Maybe some plants will grow back again, but it's the time, dedication and sentimental value that's hard to bear. Good luck to you both (if you read this) on gaining back what was once (and will be again) a most beautiful garden.

Di
I'm at an age where my back goes out more than I do.
Supporter of the N.A.S.
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

cordyman wrote:Real sorry to see this, can't imagine losing a prized collection to someone elses carelessness.

One thing that is unprecedented in the UK though, will be seeing what comes back, when was the last time a tropical garden was burnt down? We know our collections detest the cold, but super fire heat, which is part of nature, well I reckon a lot will come back fine icon_scratch
indeed,an interesting project ahead,one which might be a first over here. sorry it happened,the garden was unique, in a way though its better it happened to them and not someone of less experience as im sure they will save what they can and not just dig it all out icon_thumright icon_thumright icon_thumright icon_thumright
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure