"Tropical" island in Norway

Tom2006

Re: "Tropical" island in Norway

Post by Tom2006 »

What a superb garden!
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
bordersboy

Post by bordersboy »

An Amazing garden and in Norway too :shock:

As for UK parks,weve got to remember that our parks dept think parks are just for pensioners that want predictable cheap unimaginative annuals and roses.

These jokers in charge usually arent qualified and only got the job because a friend or family member got it for them. icon_aaargh
billdango

Post by billdango »

bordersboy wrote:An Amazing garden and in Norway too :shock:

As for UK parks,weve got to remember that our parks dept think parks are just for pensioners that want predictable cheap unimaginative annuals and roses.

These jokers in charge usually arent qualified and only got the job because a friend or family member got it for them. icon_aaargh

Thats true....

I applied for a job in Southampton parks some years ago as I was P...... off with window cleaning.
Then I was told by some one young enough to be my son that I didn't have the qualifications to be a park gardener?
Prehaps they were afraid that I would fill the parks with exotics and in 20 years make it look like that garden in Stavanger?
I told them to poke their jobs up their you know what and take a long trip somewhere else and guess what? I didn't get the job.
billdango :lol:
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Well there are a lot of annuals in that park in Norway as far as I can see on those pictures. To be honest red annual Begonias are not really my cup of tea...

Alexander
Matcycas7

Post by Matcycas7 »

Fliper, that is spectacular. I wish to die and born over there. icon_flower icon_farao