Cycad flush Timelapse video

Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Cycad flush Timelapse video

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

ok, so soon it will ACTUALLY flush honest. And when it does the camera won't miss it! icon_tomato icon_tomato
DiCasS

Re: Cycad flush Timelapse video

Post by DiCasS »

Looked at the time Kris and thought, blimey, this is gonna be a quick flush :lol: I dunno what's happening to mine, it looks absolutely ready to flush, but has come to a sudden standstill. I was convinced it was gonna flush early, but even with the hot weather hasn't budged that much :(

Di
I'm at an age where my back goes out more than I do.
Supporter of the N.A.S.
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

lmao, you big tease!

Great video, excellent drama!

;)
grub

Post by grub »

My two insist on flushing indoors at Christmas resulting in two stretched plants that look like s**t for another year :evil: , I've planted a Crews Hill one out this year so I'll give one a go outdoors. If it goes okay those two will join it icon_thumleft
Yorkshire Kris

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

I'm convinced mine is about to flush as it has changed and become peaked in the centre. It last flushed in August 2011 so hopefully it will move soon. I'm taking 1000s of photos in the mean time.

Any one reading this with a virgin flush on the way, remember the golden rule; DO NOT MOVE TH POT ONCE THE FLUSH BGINS UNTIL THE LEAVES ARE FULLY HARDENED.
Matcycas7

Post by Matcycas7 »

Yorkshire Kris, your fronds are vertically straight. First the old fronds bows or bends down with a some busy creation of cataphylls or new spikes then after a month you can see the white dot in the crown that shoots up quitely in 14 days when it hits 38*C. icon_bigsmurf

Remember it is the same sun that fell on my Cycas that is falling on yours. So expect the best flush.
Yorkshire Kris

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Matcycas7 wrote:Yorkshire Kris, your fronds are vertically straight. First the old fronds bows or bends down with a some busy creation of cataphylls or new spikes then after a month you can see the white dot in the crown that shoots up quitely in 14 days when it hits 38*C. icon_bigsmurf

Remember it is the same sun that fell on my Cycas that is falling on yours. So expect the best flush.

This Cycad has never seen 38degrees and has flushed before. I will review the last few days of timelapse to see if there has been any noticeable movement.