Not many big purchases this year?

cordyman

Not many big purchases this year?

Post by cordyman »

Most years quite a lot of the forum members splash out on some big specimens, trachys, washys, yuccas, jubs, Dicksonia antarctica's etc

I've only bought x1 sizeable plant this year, a Trachycarpus from hardy palms, how about everyone else? quiet year for big purchases? Or not stuck in due to rain spending money to cheer oneself up like last year? :lol: icon_scratch
Springy

Re: Not many big purchases this year?

Post by Springy »

I had this lot from Nigel at the beginning of the year! Plus a couple of tree ferns from paramount plants.

I will need to wait until later in the year when everything has died down too see what areas still need some height. :D
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
Neil Ziemski

Post by Neil Ziemski »

Too many big purchases!
Pallet of trachys from hardy palms, two ten foot cordys, laurel hedge, succulents, trip to urban jungle...
Oh dear far too much.
I need to do my hard landscaping (paving, raised beds etc) but keep spending my money on plants.
Neil
Springy

Post by Springy »

Oh and I know that this doesn't really count as a plant but it was still a big purchase for me this year!

My new potting shed! icon_cheers
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
DiCasS

Post by DiCasS »

Your potting shed counts as a big purchase to me Springy, it's a smart one and imagine you'd get masses of use out of it. I'm terrible, I have my garage (rubbish dump) and greenhouse, but always seem to pot up in the kitchen (for small things) :shock: I can't help it, it's just habit I can't get out of.

I've been quietly replacing from the 2010 disaster, I've tried to replace the size I lost, but things still have to bulk up, but overall am more or less finished now and apart from the Cordylines, which have come back and growing nicely again, I think I'm on track with what it looked like pre-disaster.

Di
I'm at an age where my back goes out more than I do.
Supporter of the N.A.S.
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

I've made some big purchases this year, its only when you start to think about it that you realise.
Cyathea Cunninghamii
Cyathea Medullais x2
Cyathea cooperi x7
Trachycarpus Fortunei x4
And many other smaller plants
Last edited by fern Rob on Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

I bought a new garden! Can't get much bigger than that.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Springy wrote:I had this lot from Nigel at the beginning of the year! Plus a couple of tree ferns from paramount plants.

I will need to wait until later in the year when everything has died down too see what areas still need some height. :D

Some great buys there Springy! drunken_smilie1
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Neil Ziemski wrote:Too many big purchases!
Pallet of trachys from hardy palms, two ten foot cordys, laurel hedge, succulents, trip to urban jungle...
Oh dear far too much.
I need to do my hard landscaping (paving, raised beds etc) but keep spending my money on plants.
Neil

Have you got any pics up, don't recall seeing that haul on the forum :shock: icon_salut
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

I bought a new garden! Can't get much bigger than that.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Did you buy x2 new gardens Kris :lol: icon_cheers
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

I wuld list some of the things I got but I fear my wife might be alerted and I would have to sleep outside if she looked at the totals :shock: . I made alot of small purchases that added up. Only the recent Tanee purchase was costly.
jezza

Post by jezza »

Lack of money stops me from buying much but i was so lucky to have been given large plants this summer and i am grateful to them for giving them to me.
Neil Ziemski

Post by Neil Ziemski »

fern Rob wrote:I've made some big purchases this year, its only when you start to think about it that you realise.
Cyathea Cunninghamii
Cyathea Medullais x2
Cyathea cooperi x7
Trachycarpus Fortunei x4
And many other smaller pants
I wouldn't disclose the size of my pants on an open forum, check above, :D :D
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

jezza wrote:Lack of money stops me from buying much but i was so lucky to have been given large plants this summer and i am grateful to them for giving them to me.
At least you have a job jezza, mine has just gone to China :(

no purchases for me at all now, even small :(
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright