Not many big purchases this year?

sanatic1234

Re: Not many big purchases this year?

Post by sanatic1234 »

I like that simba very nice! Was it expensive as most chammies i see are nicely priced. :-)
Simba

Post by Simba »

Andy P wrote:I never realised you had to plug them into the mains Simba? :lol: :lol:

Lovely Palm ! icon_thumleft
Over winter heating mate, straight into the national grid.... hahaha :wink:
sanatic1234 wrote:I like that simba very nice! Was it expensive as most chammies i see are nicely priced. :-)
Not cheap at all, think it cost me £160, but it was the only purchase I made this year, so balanced against the freebies, not a bad balance sheet..
Last edited by Simba on Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy P

Post by Andy P »

160`s a bloody bargain for that Simba !
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

Agreed andy especially when i have seen some chammies with only a 10-15cm trunk priced at £50+ well done simba. :-)
multim

Post by multim »

Up until yesterday, no big purchases. Just a few bits and pieces earlier in the year from Cornwall. However, I did buy and Agave Parryi 'Huachucensis' earlier in the month, and yesterday yet another Chamearops 'Cerifera'.
I have a blue theme going on in my front garden/arid border and the long established Yucca Gloriosa Veriegata just had to go. I had my eye on a large and well established cerifera which had been at a local nursery for some years so I thought that I would liberate it and bring it home to be with others of its own kind. I managed to get a third off the price for cash. It was a bit of a struggle as it was in a 90L pot full of roots but it was worth the bloody battle (in the literal sense, of course). These are always hard to find with a large trunk, this one has 55cm, which for a Cerifera in captivity is pretty good.
Attachments
P1010302.JPG
Before planting
Before planting
In-situ
In-situ
kata

Post by kata »

never realised you had to plug them into the mains Simba?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Laughing at Andy (it sounded funny) but just where does that electrical wire go to?

icon_cheers icon_cheers
Simba

Post by Simba »

kata wrote:Laughing at Andy (it sounded funny) but just where does that electrical wire go to?

icon_cheers icon_cheers
It runs right the way around my garden, and feeds spotlights trained on various palms, as well as feeding electricity to the jungle hut.... icon_thumright