Meeting other H.t.u.k members.

karl66

Meeting other H.t.u.k members.

Post by karl66 »

This afternoon I had a visit from keith "tropical tom", it was great to have a rattle with fellow fanatic's!, we have met a few times previous but this was his first visit here, he very kindly bought me some strap leaf Takil & various hybrid tachy's also strap leaf plus some bit's to kickstart my propagation project although I've so much to learn on this side of things!, it's great to swap idea's & views. karl.
Jo A P

Re: Meeting other H.t.u.k members.

Post by Jo A P »

In my area people tend to grow a few plants as accessories and on the rare occassion I get to meet someone who really loves plants it's great to be able to talk and swap. To actually visit someone's garden would be a treat indeed.
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

It's nice to meet other members I have met:

Codfather icon_fish

Harry

Ness

Dave Brown

Springy

Nigel

CW01

Don

Joel R
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

And me :)
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

For some reason I just don't think this is ever going to happen for me :lol:
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

Don't take it so hard, Mike. It's an absolute pleasure to meet you without having to take out time to travel four thousand miles :lol: (Though I strongly suspect it would be an equal pleasure if I did icon_cheers)
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Kristen wrote:And me :)

And how could I forget Kristen! ( The Mekong Giant is now two Mekong Giants) icon_thumleft
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

GREVILLE wrote:Don't take it so hard, Mike. It's an absolute pleasure to meet you without having to take out time to travel four thousand miles :lol: (Though I strongly suspect it would be an equal pleasure if I did icon_cheers)

A Brit in the backwoods..it would be equivalent to that episode of idiot abroad where he came over to America :lol:
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

:oops: :oops: :oops: Kris
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Kristen »

Dave Brown wrote:
:oops: :oops: :oops: Kris
Hahaha ... he's forgiven :)
Matcycas7

Post by Matcycas7 »

I can't remember his name in this forum. He said some funny thing like seeing someone walking in the patio with some ugly face. Mr. Dave removed his comment. I laughed :mrgreen: when I imagined that.
call

Post by call »

miketropic wrote:
GREVILLE wrote:Don't take it so hard, Mike. It's an absolute pleasure to meet you without having to take out time to travel four thousand miles :lol: (Though I strongly suspect it would be an equal pleasure if I did icon_cheers)

A Brit in the backwoods..it would be equivalent to that episode of idiot abroad where he came over to America :lol:
if only there was a like button on this :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have yet to meet any HTUK members but hope to do so in the near future

ps. @ Dave do you open your garden at all as I am not too far away and it would be an absolute pleasure to meet you and see your plants icon_thumright
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

I'd love to see Dave's garden too. Private open day, entrance money towards running the forum perhaps? Just a thought.
karl66

Post by karl66 »

Kristen wrote:I'd love to see Dave's garden too. Private open day, entrance money towards running the forum perhaps? Just a thought.
I would be up for that!, not sure mrs B would be impressed by a mini invasion though! :lol: .karl.
karl66

Post by karl66 »

UPDATE, this afternoon I met rick (1965), he came up from the Essex coast to buy my very rare butia caterinensis. I have reluctantly sold it as last year it took a small hit on a few very cold nights!!, it's now got decent frond's again & is growing like mad it's just I didn't want to risk the loss of such a rare specimen, again it was a pleasure to meet another member & not forget his wife!!. karl.