The September garden plan.

Dim

Re: The September garden plan.

Post by Dim »

roll of wire mesh around the plant, hay compressed inside the mesh, and fleece around the outside

thats what worked for me last year

and its getting close to the time to add autumn lawn feed (it makes a huge difference and is worth the few pounds, especially if you sacrify and aerate aswell) .... I normally do this in october

late october, I add well rotted farmyard manure (bought in bags from the garden centre) as a mulch around the base of shrubs and plants
jezza

Post by jezza »

Tom2006 wrote:
Where are you Jezza?...most places had a first frost early October last year.
Buckinghamshire, about 30 miles west of central london. No frost here until second half of november last year.
kata

Post by kata »

I have to order a roll of fleece yet for the fern.... :lol: :lol: One thing at a time.

bordersboy; that should not happen if your posting reputable sites and in the right forum...strange!

icon_cheers

Decide which is the one you want.

http://www.hardytropicals.co.uk/forum/v ... m.php?f=17
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

I'm doing what I do every year, and not even thinking about it until it starts to get cold, Septembers brought us some great indian summers recently, and cold not starting till very late in the year. :lol:
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

cordyman wrote:I'm doing what I do every year, and not even thinking about it until it starts to get cold, Septembers brought us some great indian summers recently, and cold not starting till very late in the year. :lol:
Its cold today.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Septembers off to a cracker, 26*c right now and clear blue goodness, still no rain in sight icon_cheers

September garden plan = continue enjoying summer icon_salut
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

Tomorrow I will be extending the poly tunnel and sorting clearing the shed ready to put the plants in.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

kata wrote:I have seen a tent type but you have to buy the support which is £40.00 or so.

I figured that my choice will fit as the leaves are being bent over the crown also the log is only small.

icon_sunny

Ordered, due next week so plenty time.
greenbag.gif

Kata watch that tent, look at my experience with it :shock: :lol:

http://www.hardytropicals.co.uk/forum/v ... =1&t=15152