Cycas revoluta flush

en3rmax

Cycas revoluta flush

Post by en3rmax »

Hi there HT,

Just thought I'd post a picture of my Cycas revoluta flush, I've owned it about a year and a half and it hasn't really done much in that time since I repotted it but all of a sudden it has sprung into life. There is about 20 new fronds.
Attachments
sago palm.jpg
kevineden

Re: Cycas revoluta flush

Post by kevineden »

mine flushed back in june but only 6 leaves great when they do icon_thumleft
Rick1965

Post by Rick1965 »

My one flushed in July and is beginning to flush at the base now, shows what a half decent summer can do.
Clive60

Post by Clive60 »

I bought this one at the Range in April, it flushed about three weeks ago with 9 fronds.
I won't risk it outside this winter.
kata

Post by kata »

You did'nt move it did you Clive?

That is a no I hope.

icon_cheers
Matcycas7

Post by Matcycas7 »

Clive60,en3rMax, can you tell how many days it took for your flush to finish growing to its full length ? Both of you took pictures from side angle icon_profileleft icon_DJ . You will miss the glory if you won't take it from top. Hope everyone knows not to turn the pot during flush time ,just a reminder icon_study . I took nearly 200 pictures during flush time of 14 days. :mrgreen: drunken_smilie1
Clive60

Post by Clive60 »

I did move it due to the conservatory being built but not untill the fronds had had opened fully.
Full flush time was around two weeks, didn't count the days exactly.
en3rmax

Post by en3rmax »

Here is another view I've just taken of my Cycas, I would say it's taken about a 3 weeks to get to this point. The strange thing was the new flush of fronds were slightly sticking out of the centre when I brought it about 2 years ago and have only just decided to grow.

I've keep this outside through the summer then move it into my greenhouse for the winter.
Attachments
20130904_120641-copy.jpg
Matcycas7

Post by Matcycas7 »

Clive,ermax, you both got the healthy old fronds even at flush time. Normally it shows signs of dry spots but you both haven't got any single dry spot. icon_cheers Amazing! icon_cheers
One of you say it took 2 weeks the other says it took 3 weeks but still they are in the middle stage but howcome mine flushed completely to its full length of 38 inchs in just 14 days. Mysterious flush that no one can predict.

Create a star pattern by taking pictures from the top to make a Cycas album. icon_bigsmurf