What do you have planned over the winter?

Blairs

Re: What do you have planned over the winter?

Post by Blairs »

Nathan wrote:What do I have planned over the winter?

I'm moving to Malta 8)

Fed up of the cold weather so we are leaving the cold, damp, grey UK for the sunny shores of the Mediterranean. Keeping our house in the UK too (& my garden) & just taking a few palms to keep me happy icon_thumright
Seriously? Is this a move or just a long vacation?
Clive60

Post by Clive60 »

Making new beds as the (nearly finished) conservatory has eaten into a couple and also levelling the veg patch and putting a timber border around it.
otorongo

Post by otorongo »

Brazil and Costa Rica.

In between, relax in the garden in the sun trap (which I'm painting black to produce more heat) and soothe my soul with the sight of the winter flowers, bees, parakeets and lush greenery when the world looks and feels crappe outside this oasis of eternal life :D
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

Be very careful jezza as there may be rats nesting in there it would be the ideal place for them, it will be nice and warm under all that or may be some mice. be careful of any broken glass or anything like that. Nice job on your hands though. Kind of jobs i like :) YES i do like jobs like that its the before and after pics that do it for me. :wink:
Panama Pete

Post by Panama Pete »

Jobs for me...apart from on mass overwintering its soil preparation for next spring for me. Im digging in two to three tons of pure horse dung and chicken dung once everything is lifted.
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

fern Rob wrote:You will have a lot of usable garden once the wood etc as gone.
That was my first thought too - a free garden extension!

"What do you have planned over the winter?"

We are planning a bonkers topiary garden, but there is zero agreement on shape & form between Under Gardener and Management :)

I like the topiary at Chateau Marqueyssac
ChateauMarqueyssac.jpg
Last edited by Kristen on Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
jezza

Post by jezza »

sanatic1234 wrote:Be very careful jezza as there may be rats nesting in there it would be the ideal place for them, it will be nice and warm under all that or may be some mice. be careful of any broken glass or anything like that. Nice job on your hands though. Kind of jobs i like :) YES i do like jobs like that its the before and after pics that do it for me. :wink:
I have a spare room if you want to earn some extra wonga! :D
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Blairs wrote:

I'm moving to Malta 8)

Fed up of the cold weather so we are leaving the cold, damp, grey UK for the sunny shores of the Mediterranean. Keeping our house in the UK too (& my garden) & just taking a few palms to keep me happy icon_thumright
Yes it's a move. We are initially going for 6 months & if all goes well will be staying out there icon_thumleft
kata

Post by kata »

Be very careful jezza as there may be rats nesting in there
I did'nt want to mention that after me having mine for some weeks San, They are still up there choppin away at the grub that pest control leaves every friday.

I hope Jez does'nt find any cus disturb and they are going to go somewhere.

icon_cheers
jezza

Post by jezza »

Already have mice. They appeared after the ground was dug up for the development backing onto my garden in 2012. As for rats, i'll have the baseball bat at the ready :twisted: :twisted:
fieldfest

Post by fieldfest »

nice winter job that, will be good after.

ive got a patio area to make, and a bit of fencing to make
flounder

Post by flounder »

Nathan wrote:
Blairs wrote:

I'm moving to Malta 8)

Yes it's a move. We are initially going for 6 months & if all goes well will be staying out there icon_thumleft
This sounds like an ideal cheap holiday. Will you have a spare room and full english breakfasts on the go, mate, buddy? :wink:
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

flounder wrote:
Nathan wrote:
This sounds like an ideal cheap holiday. Will you have a spare room and full english breakfasts on the go, mate, buddy? :wink:
We will have a spare room but don't think it will ever be free as I expect we will have a constant stream of family members out there :lol: They are not getting a full English every morning though...
Neil Ziemski

Post by Neil Ziemski »

Loads of stuff
Top of the list install bamboo root barrier before my neighbours come knocking!
Patio, wall, jungle hut, path, ......., ...
Neil
karl66

Post by karl66 »

got somemore hard landscaping to do & also bamboo re jigging!, I reckon as long as you have no sasa planted you'll be fine neil, my main concern is my neigbour's large tree's are pushing up massive roots in parts of our garden!!, to me these are much more of a problem than an odd stray bamboo shoot. karl.